Snapshot..by Michael

Snapshot..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Thomas took up photography as a hobby to keep himself busy after he lost his sweetheart to another. Janice did that also under the same circumstances in her life just a few miles away. Ten years later his 60 second Polaroid camera was still in perfect condition as the camera of his choice. The images captured were sort of a band aid to heal and erase the memory of her leaving him. A friend took a snapshot of Thomas sitting on a bench in a public park one Sunday afternoon. He was holding up a can of beer as his face said "cheers"!
60 seconds later the photo ejected as the friend handed it to Thomas. A girl was standing behind him holding a glass of wine in one hand, the other on his shoulder. It faded before his eyes, an image of someone who used to be there. Janice handed her friend the camera and said "take my picture here on the bench". It was on a Sunday where her healing of wounds would now begin. Her friend passed the 60 second photo to Janice as an ex boyfriend stood behind her with a beer in one hand and the other on her shoulder. It faded before her eyes, an image of someone who used to be there. The winter months followed and not too many people were there. Thomas showed up one Sunday afternoon as the snow fell in December. Janice sat next to him as they held hands for about thirty minutes before they spoke. Two friends were there to take a candid snapshot of them together once again. It never faded this time as even in the winter, a glass of wine and a can of beer are still being held with the other around each others shoulder. Thomas and Janice picked an unlikely Sunday to meet once again. Maybe the healing begins and ends with a 60 second photo with cameras that are still in good condition. True love has a photo of its own. Let me take your picture with my heart, in 60 seconds and forever in a snapshot....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on March 12, 2015
Last Updated on March 12, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing