Reserved For Beverly And Bob..by Michael

Reserved For Beverly And Bob..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

There was something Beverly spotted in one of the aisles of the drug store she was shopping in. It was in a green bottle and she remembered it as one of her favorites as a kid growing up. "Herbal Essence Shampoo", was on the label. She smiled and was quite surprised that it was still around after all these years. The plastic bottle was carried to the checkout line as she was excited to use it once again in her next shower. The most favorite thing from this childhood memory was the fragrance of this shampoo. It naturally cleaned her hair but the aroma was one that was never to be forgotten. The unmistakable green bottle was what made it stand out from the rest of the other brands. One Friday evening she went out to a dance club after a hard week of work just to unwind. She met a young man there about the same age as her as they seemed to be attracted to each other. They shared drinks and dances together along with a great conversation. Finally a slow dance was played as they were both hoping it would be. The need to be close was felt by both. "I love the scent of your hair", Bob said to her. "Would that be Herbal Essence Shampoo"?
"Yes, as a matter of fact it is just that", she replied. He told her that he ran across it in a drug store while shopping and remembered it as a kid growing up. It used to be his favorite shampoo mainly because of the way it smelled. She told him the exact same story that happened to her as they both laughed out loud. Then they kissed for the first time with a serious look on each of their faces. One year later he kissed his bride and smelled her hair at the same time. A green bottle of shampoo sat in the shower on their honeymoon which they shared. An everyday item used by many. But for Beverly and Bob it was a very special item from the flower of their youth. It brought them together as the memory and label read "Herbal Essence Shampoo". Maybe an aisle in a drug store leads to a dance club and a mutual attraction. Simple everyday items, bought along with memories and love from a green bottle reserved for Beverly and Bob.....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing