Old Shoes And Worn Out Sneakers..by Michael

Old Shoes And Worn Out Sneakers..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Worn out shoes and old sneakers slide across a basement apartment floor. It was a slow dance where the music came from an old stereo that barely still played. Sunlight peeked through a torn curtain casting a shadow of the two still dancing. Their love for each other cast a rainbow in their eyes and in each others hearts. He pooled his money with hers that Friday night and managed to come up with enough to buy a few slices of pizza. Two candles were lit on a snack table in their living room as the romantic dinner began. They danced once again by memory as the stereo faded out and died. Worn out shoes and old sneakers were taken off as the couple lay down on the single mattress which kept them from sleeping on the hard floor. Moonlight played through that torn curtain casting a shadow of the two still sleeping and dreaming. Their love for each other showed a rainbow through the sleeping eyes and the quiet hearts. An Angel smiled from above and watched while a few strings were pulled for the event that was about to happen. A lottery ticket was won as you came back to me and shouted and screamed how we won. A wedding was now affordable and our dream came true. We both dressed up in the gown and suit of our choosing as the photos never revealed a personal choice before. Worn out shoes and old sneakers adorned our feet to remind us of where we came from...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on April 2, 2015
Last Updated on April 2, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing