Serena..by Michael

Serena..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Billy got his first stuffed animal when he reached his third birthday. It was a two foot long striped tiger which he named Serena. Stuffed animals don't have a gender but he thought or sensed that his new friend was a female anyway. She became an imaginary playmate and good friend each night before they went to sleep together. He could actually hear her purr just before he fell off into dreamland. Billy kept her with him for more years than most kids do. There must have been a special bond between them that adults and parents wouldn't understand. At thirteen years old he went to sleep with Serena in his arms as she purred as usual. Mom and dad left the house for about an hour to visit a next door neighbor as they forgot to lock the front door. A burglar entered the home without having to break in. What happened next was totally unexpected as his parents came home to find a dead stranger in their house. They called 911 and the police came within fifteen minutes. The crime scene was roped off by yellow tape as the investigation began. He still had a ski mask on as he lay on the kitchen floor in a pool of blood which seemed to come from his throat. The autopsy report revealed deep puncture wounds by claws from a huge animal. Billy's parents and the police were baffled as to why and how this unexpected event had happened. Billy knew better but never told anyone for who would believe him anyway? Serena licked her paws and eventually the blood disappeared. He hugged her as usual as they both fell asleep while she purred in content. Maybe kids and stuffed animals have a special connection which makes it more real than us adults and parents could imagine. One protects the other in a short story about Serena...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fantastic story! Really, really well done with the way you displayed the emotions, and the way you narrated the bond between the boy and the stuffed tiger. Keep up the good work! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much my friend! We all felt those special bonds with our childhood animals.
Heheh I enjoyed this. At first I was like, "Aw this is so cute" and then it turned so quickly. I am definitely entertained.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Very true, it got very serious towards the end.
wow. i loved this....wowwww. like... omg.
It reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes in a way I guess... but Hobbes never killed anyone out of defense. Haha.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

It's always good to save your favorite childhood pet!
This is very entertaining. Great twist. the last line is so good.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying it!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Me too, but thats why they are short stories.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2015
Last Updated on April 5, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing