For The Same Occasion..by Michael

For The Same Occasion..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Belinda attended the wedding of her closest girlfriend who she grew up. The food was delicious and the live band was excellent. She kept staring at the drummer as he was quite attractive and his eyes also met hers, thinking the same thoughts. When the band took a break, a prerecorded set of oldies were played that were selected by Janice, the bride of the wedding. They lasted for twenty minutes while the musicians were resting until their next set of songs. The prerecorded oldies alternated between slow and fast dances. Two of those slow dances were done by Belinda and Benny, the drummer of the band. Janice noticed the chemistry between them and smiled as so did her husband. Forty minutes on and twenty minutes off was the bands routine throughout the wedding reception. Belinda and Benny were the first ones on the dance floor with those two slow songs out of the four played. Janice knew Benny from high school and loved the band he played in as she attended his gigs. That was how this group was chosen for her wedding. It was two years later that Janice received an invitation from her closest girlfriend Belinda. It would be at the same place, just a different time. Belinda used Janice's prerecorded set of oldies as they both shared the same tastes in music. Belinda and her new husband Benny danced to two out of the four songs since they were their favorite old ones. Maybe we come back to a favorite place we had been to before. This time as a bride and not a guest. Case in point a short love story about Belinda and Benny where guests and brides switch places for the same occasion...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on April 8, 2015
Last Updated on April 8, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing