But Love Itself..by Michael

But Love Itself..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Gerry decided one night after getting home from work, he didn't want to cook that evening. It was going to be a Friday night out as he would treat himself to a restaurant he would be served and not serve himself. Gerry wasn't sure what he felt like having, so he just drove around looking at various restaurants and reading the signs outside. It was finally narrowed down to two, one across the street from the other. He looked left, then right as his choice was made. It was either Chinese or Italian and he chose the Italian restaurant as that was what his empty stomach craved when he read the outside sign. This fork in the road so to speak, was taken to the right side of the street as opposed to the left. The choice he made would change his life as we shall now see in the rest of this short story. It started when the waitress said to him, "that's my all time favorite dish you just ordered. Baked Lasagna and I happen to make the best there is at home. They found an attraction to each other in the short forty five minutes that he was there. Gerry sat at her kitchen table the following Saturday evening as he was invited over for the best homemade baked Lasagna by his waitress Geraldine. Two years later it was the main dish at their wedding. A fork in the road was actually a choice between two restaurants on the same street. The decision was wisely made as the results had definitely changed his life as well as hers. Case in point in a short love story about Gerry and Geraldine, where hunger goes beyond food, but love itself...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very simple but well-written piece of work. Perhaps if you are keep working on it, it will going to be an interesting story with many conflicts. It is a good start anyway!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Just a short story which is complete. Thank you for enjoying it. By the way, see my 18 books of shor.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 13, 2015
Last Updated on April 13, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing