For The Road Less Traveled..by Michael

For The Road Less Traveled..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The destination for Henry's two week summer vacation was only ten miles away. Unfortunately there was heavy construction on the highway ahead as the traffic was more stop than go. A decision had to be made whether to continue along the familiar highway, or take the service road to the right along with unfamiliar streets to reach where he needed to go to. Henry took his chances with the service road to save time and get there for his favorite afternoon lunch. It paid off as he arrived at eleven in the morning. One hour to unpack and freshen up before the twelve noon lunch. He shared table with a few other guests as he noticed his favorite lunch of a hot dog and fries also ordered and sitting in front of the lady next to him. That is what started their conversation and how they finally got to know each other. Harriet was also there for a two week stay. She mentioned to him about the construction on the highway and how she made the decision to take a chance on the service road to get here. They both laughed at this crazy coincidence and at their favorite lunch of a hot dog and fries. Hmm...coincidence? I think not!
A planned two week stay alone had two people suddenly spend it together. The highway was free and clear of construction two years later. However Henry and Harriet decided to take the service road which was now familiar to them. The resort was reserved for their wedding along with hot dogs and fries....Maybe a fork in the road has a pleasant same fate for the road less traveled. Case in point in a short love story about Henry and Harriet...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing