But The Future Remembered..by Michael

But The Future Remembered..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Forty year old Alice had saved enough money to move out of her apartment and buy a her own house. The real estate agent showed her a few properties and it was narrowed down to three of them. Two were in the same borough she now lived in, one was in another borough some 40 minutes away. She made the choice to look at the more expensive home in the other borough which barely made it into her budget. It was where she grew up as a kid as that what was a big factor in the choice. The extra bedroom could be used as  a guest room for a possible sleep over of any invited guests. The deal was done and Alice bought the house. She met her first friend who happened to live next door to her in the house to the right. They were both watering their front lawn when the conversation began. Allen bought his home just the year before and his final choice was based upon this former borough he used to live and grew up in. It turned out that they were once childhood sweethearts who happened to live on the same block and attended the same school. Some old favorite hang outs were still there, just with different names and owners. Those were the places where they spent their first few weeks of dating. Forty two year old Allen proposed marriage to Alice and she accepted. The wedding took place in a borough they used to live in together and happened to move back to. A fork in the road was a decision made by both where to buy a new home. Now they live together under the same roof, which the past forgot about but the future remembered...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on April 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing