To Where They Are Now..by Michael

To Where They Are Now..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Amusement parks was a fond memory of Geraldine's childhood. Coney Island from Brooklyn, New York was her favorite. The now twenty eight year old drove back there to relive those memories. She started the day with Nathan's famous hot dogs and fries. After walking around for a while, her day was narrowed down to a choice of either the roller coaster or the merry go round. A fork in the road so to speak that would change the outcome of her nearby future. The colorful painted horses were still there as Geraldine had to share the last available one with a stranger. On that fifteen minute ride they talked of old times. Gerry also grew up in Brooklyn with same interests as her. He decided to relive those memories as his fork in the road, or choice of ride was exactly the same as hers. They remembered this meeting the first time it happened when she was only eighteen and he was twenty. It rekindled an attraction from so many years ago that both decided to start dating each other. An outdoor wedding took place on the sands of a beach in Coney Island just one year later. An unusual but appropriate photo adorned the cover of their wedding album. The still picture was of the bride and groom sitting together on a painted horse which rode them both to where they are now...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
613
This was written very well, although there were many punctuational & grammatical errors. I grew up going to Coney Island, so this story has a place in my heart. I do feel, however, that it could be a lot longer. In fact, I WANT it to be longer. I want to read more of this! Haha. Very nice work.

- Brittney

Posted 8 Years Ago


Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Grammar was always my downfall. Glad you liked it though as I also grew up there.
613

8 Years Ago

You're welcome!
Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

By the way, see my 18 books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2015
Last Updated on April 23, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing