My Dream

My Dream

A Poem by A Jackson
"

I wrote this when I was still at school and we were studying 'Of Mice and Men'. We were tasked with the assignment to create a poem that would reflect our very own 'American Dream'.

"

Where the wind is the only sound to ever hear, or the whisper through the trees.

With only a few wild birds for company between their passing from place to place.

Spending long Summer evenings watching the sun disappear to the sea; covering the world in peaceful darkness, where you can be alone in thought until the sun slowly returns with more power than any human could ever imagine having.

The only place where true happiness really exists and nothing ever has to matter.

A place where you can spend your nights lying awake, listening only to the sweet song of the breeze and distant melody of waves, as they push closer and closer to your lonely world of ease.

Where no one can ever tell you what to do or how to live.

Only here can you be happy with no excuse for ill health or unhappiness, harsh words or tears, only tears of joy can be shed here.

No disapproving eyes to glare your way,

And no expectations to live up to.

Here, where there is no one else to care for, or rely on but you,

Life is easy.

© 2014 A Jackson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is very raw & emotional, i enjoyed it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The scene is gorgeous and the self reliance empowering! No one to tell you what to do or to tell you the job you have done is wrong in some way. Personal happiness would reign in such a place. You did a great job describing it. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2014

Author

A Jackson
A Jackson

Birmingham, United Kingdom



About
Born and raised in Birmingham, Britain’s second city, I’m a real city girl through and through. As an account manager for a marketing agency, I have mainly focused my professional writing .. more..

Writing
Remember Remember

A Poem by A Jackson