Sensitivity = Benevolence

Sensitivity = Benevolence

A Poem by Aaron Jinks
"

This is for all of those who are sensitive. You are strong!!

"
I've always been a sensitive guy. 
I have always lingered on small harsh things that people would say, do, etc.
Reminiscing back to the elementary school days, I remember always shedding tears just when my mother or father would say I got a question wrong on my homework assignment, it's just always been a part of me. 
Whenever somebody says something acutely mean or harsh, it lingers in my mind for hours and whenever I messed something up (which occurs far too often), I constantly get angry with myself and relay the other was I could've done that certain thing right over and over again.
Does that sound like you?
If so then you are sensitive, those are the common "symptoms of it if you will.
As time passed I thought I was weak, which is not the case, it's far from the case.
You see sensitivity isn't a weakness of the heart, sensitivity doesn't mean you aren't strong enough, it means that you have an over-abundance of love for many people and things. 
Over time, that love opens up our hearts to hold more love and provide shelter for those that need it, but sometimes hate of the world comes into our hearts and attacks us and we don't entirely expect it.
You just need to try your best to get that out of there and only let the good stay.
So for all those like me who hurt when something attacks your heart, don't fear.
You are strong enough, you aren't weak, you just have a big heart open wide for everyone and everything.
Don't ever forget that.

© 2014 Aaron Jinks


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good poem, great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Aaron Jinks

9 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
This is so sweet! Very relatable and inspirational, exactly what good writing should be!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Aaron Jinks

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 4, 2014
Last Updated on October 4, 2014
Tags: goodness, sensitivity, Inspiration

Author

Aaron Jinks
Aaron Jinks

Bowling Green, OH



Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Aaron Jinks