Whole

Whole

A Story by アキスーテ (Akisute)
"

So this is it. A story everyday for the last five. It was both more difficult and fun than I had anticipated. I hope any of these stories brought you some level of enjoyment.

"
"Sometimes, sometimes I watch television commercials and I lose all faith in humanity. Some of these god awful mind numbing motherfucking reality tv shows make me think the producers are hell bent on destroying humanities average IQ and decided this method was more efficient than driving a spike into the skulls of random individuals."
"Kara could you do me a favour?"
"Yeah?"
"Shut the f**k up."
"Well you're a b***h."
"Yup."
I lean back further into the couch. I shiver slightly. I've been, so worn out lately. Just exhausted, constantly.
"So." Liz turns to face me. "Wanna do something?"
"We are doing something. We're watching crappy television and even crappier commercials."
"Something more."
"Like what?"
"I dunno, go to a bar and give legions of young men blue balls."
"The f**k?"
"F**k you it was funny."
"Yeah kinda I guess."
"So you wanna do it?"
"Fine why not."
"I get up and feel aches all over. I stumble to the bathroom and start putting on my make up. Not so long later I return to room and find the sluttiest dress I feel comfortable wearing, a little red piece.
I can't help but feel I had a headache that's been building up for weeks and coming to such an obstructively loud place has brought it out fully in the worst possible way. I sit on the stool, my elbow rests on the bar and my head in my hand. My other hand swirls the straw in my drink. Liz slaps her a*s down by me.
"Man this great or what?"
"Yeah."
"You really should get out and dance."
"Yeah."
"Well go."
"Yeah."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah." I collapse.
The muscles around my eyes twitch, they try to open my eyelids and fail. Some more twitching and they succeed. I see Liz along with several members of my family. They're all sitting around looking at me as I lay in bed, a rather keep thing. I try to move my head but find myself unable. I then realize I'm in a hospital. My lips spasm a bit in an attempt to form words, but the more desperately I try to speak, the more painful the endeavor becomes, and I can't scream. As I sit there it dawns upon me I am unable to move my arms, nor my fingers, nor my legs, nor my toes, and then I realize my breathing is not my own.
So this is my life now? I'm to be a paralyzed shell artificially existing for the sake a few individuals so selfish they're unable to realize they're making me suffer? They think that I would want this? Unable to speak or move?
I sit like this for days, trapped in my own thoughts, trying to think of things to separate me from this hell they've all encased me in, but despite my most ardent of efforts I mostly just find myself endless scrutinizing the clock in it's infuriating simplicity. Tick, tick, tick, tick.
Sometimes tears escape my eyes, and that's the most merciful part of my day, for in those short lived moments I feel more alive than any other.
I sit waiting for a release, that will only come when they pull the plug. But I cannot communicate to them.

© 2013 アキスーテ (Akisute)


Author's Note

アキスーテ (Akisute)
That became much more depressing than I anticipated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am not quite sure lead to the paralysis, it seems spontaneous... all in all, I found this interesting, especially the ending. While not strictly a unique subject, it is thankfully not cliche either. Coming from a person who has experienced it (if only for a few minutes), paralysis is terrifying.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nusquam Esse

10 Years Ago

It was from a severe car accident...
アキスーテ (Akisute)

10 Years Ago

Ohh...well my advice won't help then...
Sorry :(
Nusquam Esse

10 Years Ago

hahahha, it was only temporary... point is that the experience was definitely memorable! Again, I l.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
1 Review
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013
Tags: I don't bloody know, finis, end

Author

アキスーテ (Akisute)
アキスーテ (Akisute)

DogBollock, USA



About
"The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde So I've been infected with a disease. IHTWOID I Have To Write Or I'll Die... more..

Writing