inside the box

inside the box

A Chapter by A.B
"

bubble writing ...had to start with "inside the box" ... during my beloved book club :D 2012

"
Inside the box...
What's in the box? What would be inside a box? Can you imagine a flying dragon or a blue whale or maybe a kingdom of white butterflies. Perhaps the forest of wisdom and the endless devilish rivers of Bermuda. Actually inside the box existed a mere red shoe, the very typical companion of a box. You would like to imagine that it was a magic shoe! No! it was worn out and torn and brutally humiliated, AND it was not a pair, just a shoe.. lonely and dusty and far from being miraculous or magical! So this is the story of "The Lonely Dusty Worn Torn and Humiliated Red Shoe Inside The Box". 

But it was the shoe of adventures and legends, its owner walked around the world in nine hundred and ninety nine days! That sounds ridiculous, of course, because it's a lie! The real reason that shoe was lonely dusty worn torn and humiliated is that it was left alone, unused, and unable to find its partner and fulfill its destiny as a respectable loving pair of shoes! The clumsy lazy owner bought them on the sale 10 years ago, when they were still shiny and in fashion. On its fist day, the left shoe got hurt, I mean torn from the side and it needed to be repaired, so it went back to the shoe shop and the owner simply forgot about it, because he's lazy or broke or maybe it was just easier and classier to just get a new pair. 

Since then, the right shoe has been left alone counting the days, the hours, the minutes…getting covered by dust and spider webs, spending summers under the bed, autumns over the closet and gloomy winters in the attic, forgotten and neglected. Inside the box, it kept wondering and thinking "That's not what I was created for, that's not why I was created a shoe". The thing is, it was created a pair and its simply useless as a shoe! So, it just had to wait, maybe one day it gets thrown away in a fire, or the sea or a recycle bin and hopefully find salvation! And thats the end of the tragic silly story of "The Lonely Dusty Worn Torn and Humiliated Red Shoe Inside The Box".


© 2013 A.B


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on February 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 2, 2013


Author

A.B
A.B

CRAZY Cairo, some deserted place!!, Egypt



About
I am just another somebody :) more..

Writing
My Favorite My Favorite

A Poem by A.B


Eternal Seconds Eternal Seconds

A Story by A.B


Not the Love Not the Love

A Poem by A.B