Family Secrets: A Sin Dios Short Story

Family Secrets: A Sin Dios Short Story

A Story by AndyLazer
"

A short Sci-Fi story about the cost of some family secrets during this strange time in the Sin Dios Universe.

"

November 5th, 2215 AD

-------------------------------------

(Earth)

 

Sounds of cheer and laughter can be heard around the city as celebrations take place for the 200th anniversary of “Dia de Condenados”, otherwise known as “The Day of the Damned”. Everyone is getting together with friends and family making toast to their long lost relatives whom were spared the day The Vaticans left Earth. Pictures hang around every home of family members who lived through this event. Gifts and treats are left on fulfillment plates by their inheritors. In a small park on the corner, on an empty street, children are running and playing games while their parents enjoy alcoholic beverages and talk about their normal lives.


A young boy is being chased by two girls through the grass. He has black hair in the shape of a bowl on his head and a large gap between his front teeth. He makes a quick break for the big slide as his smile opens up. He takes a leap off his back foot and plants his front foot on the base of the slide and sprints up to the top with no problem.


The girls split up. One runs around the outside towards the stairs behind the boy, and the other try’s to follow the boy only her foot slips and she slams her nose hard onto the metal slide. The noise of her tears fills the playground air and everyone starts turning to see what happened. Blood starts dripping into her hands as she holds them to her face. A heavily overweight man with jean shorts rushes over to her side.


“Are you ok honey?” he asked sincerely. “Your nose is just bleeding a little, everything will be ok.” The girl looked up at her father, tears and blood on her face. Looking embarrassed and scared, she presses herself into his arms sternly in an obvious cry to be carried away. The father happily obliges and takes her back to the picnic table where he had just been conversing with another man.


“Well what now?” The older girl says to the black haired boy while walking up the stairs towards the top of the slide.


“Another one bites the dust.” The boy responded quietly, shaking his head as he watched the girl be carried away by her father. He then turns and asks “Want to play zombies?”


“Zombies are stupid.” She quickly responds. “I want to play house. You can be The Daddy.” She laughed.


The boys smile instantly faded. He shook his head side to side. “House is weak! How about you play The Mom and I will play The Vatican that comes to kidnap and imprison you.” He said as if narrating a horror story.


“Vaticans don’t scare me, my great-great-great-grandmother saw one you know? Like, not in pictures but in real life”. She flaunted, hoping to make an impression.


Really? I heard they smell like barf and when they look at you your head explodes.” The boy rambled as he spun circles around a monkey bar on the playground.


“I never heard that.” She defended.


“I heard that their voices sound worse than a cats claws on chalkboard.” He continued without even hearing her voice.


“My grandma said they don’t talk…”


I heard,” the boy interrupted “that they can kill unborn babies in your stomach just by touching you!” He said while reaching out to poke the girl’s stomach.


Enough!” the girl shouted at him. “You obviously don’t know anything about the real Vaticans.” The boy was silent for just a moment. A battle between anger and curiosity was taking place in his throat.


“Your great-great-great-grandmother is dead anyway… how would you know anything?” He said in a bitter voice. The girl was pleased that he asked although she knew better than to explain about the secret meetings and conversations she has overheard from her parents about The Vaticans. However she could not resist continuing the conversation with the boy.


“I've read her journal.” She spouted out in honesty, “She said the exact opposite about them actually.”


“What did she say?” the boy asked, genuinely interested.  


“Well… I'm really not supposed to talk about it. I could get in a lot of trouble.” She replied.


“It’s probably all lies anyway but if you tell me...” The boy paused to think of something to offer in return “…I will play house with you.” He finished, impressed with his offer.


The girl paused for a moment, but only a moment, before she made the decision to talk about something she knew better than to talk about.


“My grandma wrote that they were the most amazing thing she had seen.  She said they never made any noise and just watched people and that they never hurt anyone.” Her voice sang out enthusiastically. In the distance a man’s voice was calling out to them. It was the boy’s father telling him it was time to get going.


“Well everyone knows that is a lie, they killed lots of people before leaving earth and taking all the sinners.” He retorted in a ‘matter-of-fact’ tone of voice.


“My family thinks everyone, is wrong.” The volume of her voice hardly a whisper as the words fell out of her mouth.


“Your family is wrong. And stupid, and you are ugly and stupid.” The boy spattered his final words before running off towards his parents.


***


The next day, when getting off her school bus, the girl noticed two black vans parked outside of her house. As she got closer she could see that a bunch of their furniture had been thrown out into the yard and men in black suits were walking around in her house.


Then she heard the scream of her mother’s voice as two men were dragging her out of the house. Her mind was trying to take in everything at once but couldn't. Through all of the commotion and chaos she could only make out a few words from her mother’s voice.


Run baby, run!” 

© 2014 AndyLazer


Author's Note

AndyLazer
Love all feedback!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it! You are quite a storyteller. Your descriptions are so vivid, it was almost as if the scene was unfolding before me. I look forward to reading more of your work.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


AndyLazer

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I have always been a great 'storyteller' and really hope that I can improve my wr.. read more
MsJewel

9 Years Ago

I need to re-phrase - Not only are you a great storyteller, but you are a wonderful writer as well! .. read more
I thought this was pretty awesome! I thought that you developed it very well in a way that kept it interesting. The language you used definitely fit the story very well too and a lot of writers have a problem with that. keep writing! Stay awesome!

Posted 9 Years Ago


AndyLazer

9 Years Ago

Wow thank you so much for reading and reviewing. I enjoyed this writing a lot actually.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2014
Last Updated on July 10, 2014
Tags: Science Fiction, Novel, twisted

Author

AndyLazer
AndyLazer

Seattle, WA



About
Just a 25 year old guy who has always wanted to be a writer but I don't spend enough time writing. Hoping to get some practice now. more..

Writing
Stars Stars

A Story by AndyLazer