Habitus

Habitus

A Poem by albee
"

the sum total...all the habits of body emotion thoughts = Habitus

"

I woke on a third of a ring, on my third spin on the circle of gods. It was the winter Jupiter kissed Saturn on the Solstice. Torrential rains flooded the trenches I urgently dug, in wet windy dark nights, to save the furnace.  Laying in exhaustion, in the mud, I saw the landscape of my life, lights of memories, incidents, accidents, actions, habits in spheres of body, emotions, and thoughts over time-spaces of this life I inhabit.  The light, blended with a sharp coherence into the rainbows of springs vaulting clouds of gentle mist and rains. Everything is different and fresh, balloons of illusions popping like bubbling waves on a pebbled shore. I am able now to bend over and pick the rocks under my feet, to see crystals of a will, that grows and slowly moves through existence into eternity. 

© 2021 albee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like this is a kind of epiphany….having gone through life thus far, a struggle a series of mishaps…you are now cleansed of this prior life and and new one is about to transform you into the ability to see “ crystals”, “balloons of illusions….” I loved this write.
Best
B.

Posted 2 Years Ago


albee

2 Years Ago

it was an epiphany for me...i woke... and embraced old age.
Betty Hermelee

2 Years Ago

good for you, welcome to the club!!!
This is wildly inventive & fun to read! This reminds me of a time when a big storm caused water to flood our basement & my sister's book & papers were down there. She was heartbroken by this, but she kept a stiff upper lip about it. I would love to write so outside-the-dots as this! (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


albee

2 Years Ago

i tried so hard to write lines, rhymes, and rhythms...
those poems were dreadful. I let go an.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2021
Last Updated on August 12, 2021

Author

albee
albee

seattle, WA



About
I started out as a middle child, in the middle of that fat century, in the mid west of this obese country, when little league baseball caps were bunched up like peaked military hats. Finding myself on.. more..

Writing
A dying voice A dying voice

A Poem by albee


Art Death Body Art Death Body

A Poem by albee