Samhain

Samhain

A Poem by albee

Let us all raise our voices and libations to an autumnal ululation. It is the time of the harvest and hunter’s moons, when the barley fields need to be danced upon with clogged heels singing to the mother of all mothers, Mother Nature. It is a time to give thanks for the grain and protein that have filled the pantries of innumerable millennium. It is a time to praise those before us who lived, learned and loved, so we could live, love and learn. 

© 2021 albee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

truthful write here, i love nature

Posted 2 Years Ago


albee

2 Years Ago

Mother Nature, the mother of all mothers, is the source of love.
Here on the central California coast, I am still enjoying the harvest of my garden as we putter thru 80* afternoons! Your little write-up expresses the reverence I feel for having had so much healthy nutrition from the dirt this past summer season! (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


I agree. Wonderful and beautiful words shared for nature. Thank you dear poet for sharing your amazing words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


albee

2 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote for your words of appreciation.
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
Has almost the sound of an ancient Druid priest. A very nice commentary on the meaning of autumn.

Posted 2 Years Ago


albee

2 Years Ago

I have been accused of being preachy in my poetry. I plead guilty. Thank you for the reflection. It .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2021
Last Updated on October 3, 2021

Author

albee
albee

seattle, WA



About
I started out as a middle child, in the middle of that fat century, in the mid west of this obese country, when little league baseball caps were bunched up like peaked military hats. Finding myself on.. more..

Writing
A dying voice A dying voice

A Poem by albee


Art Death Body Art Death Body

A Poem by albee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


both both

A Poem by Lydia Shutter