The Feminine Mystique

The Feminine Mystique

A Poem by albee

There was a book back in the day, “The Feminine Mystique.”  I didn’t read it but I see the Feminine Mystique in Shakespeare’s Pericles.  It is a bawdy tale with pirates, greed, and rape.  It was a time when fertile female was seen as resource for personal needs and gains.   Marina, saintly Marina rises above to parry the ubiquitous experience of capture and rape, with brains, words, and the Feminine Mystique. 

© 2021 albee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Old world, old views. Women were not treated right. I liked your honest and well-written thoughts. Thank you, Albee, for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


It's a sign of an inquiring mind that you choose to associate Shakespeare & The Feminine Mystique, two authors I would never think to compare. These are the kinds of unexpected reaches that make for interesting writing (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


Those were the days of yore; females were used as lustful w****s, then thrown to the dogs….no more though…our females are still symbols of passion, tenderness, but we are less humble, richer in thought and cunning as we can be.
Best
B.

Posted 2 Years Ago


albee

2 Years Ago

so much of the history of sapien behavior is sad.
thank you B...i see that mystique in your w.. read more
Betty Hermelee

2 Years Ago

You're welcome, I have some new poems up, would love your take,
Best, B

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2021
Last Updated on October 9, 2021

Author

albee
albee

seattle, WA



About
I started out as a middle child, in the middle of that fat century, in the mid west of this obese country, when little league baseball caps were bunched up like peaked military hats. Finding myself on.. more..

Writing
A dying voice A dying voice

A Poem by albee


Art Death Body Art Death Body

A Poem by albee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..