Life

Life

A Story by Rajat Raina
"

The struggle of a young teenage boy braving the various hurdles of life.

"

‘It’s all over!’ ‘Forget about it!’ ‘Think about the future!’ was all that he could do.


In a small town situated in a valley situated in the Himalaya’s, a young boy was trying to do just that. As he sprinted around the corner, one might mistake him for a loon, running around in the dead of the night.


He was a bit on the skinny side, high set cheekbones, perfectly shaped nose and in his early teens, judging by the barest trace of a mustache. His pale skin made him stand out in the dark. The features could be considered as quite handsome, marred only by his deep grey eyes which might be very beautiful but looked lifeless as though everything had been lost.


“Oi, Raj! Get inside”, shouted Kareena, finally tired of watching her best friend running around the block after midnight. She sighed, as she was ignored and Raj added in a burst of speed passing her house quickly.


Kareena Sharma was not pleased, not pleased at all. She had been trying to get Raj to push aside his misery for a long time now. Finally tired of getting ignored she pushed off the railing of her balcony she walked down and out of her house to confront and knock some sense into the head of her friend.


As Raj returned, taking another around the block, he was confronted by a very irate girl who grabbed him by the collar and dragged him into her house. Finally focusing on his apprehender. He noticed the lush black hair and deep brown eyes of his best friend, mentally cringing when the fury reflected in them was noticed. Ten seconds later in a town deep in slumber, the sound of a thunderous slap ricocheted.


“What exactly are you trying to achieve?” shouted Kareena.


“Nothing, just clearing my head”, said Raj looking cleared beaten.


“Your head, at this hour? Are you indeed going to let that one incident affect your life so much? This is a bit much isn’t it” she sniffed angrily.


“It wasn’t just, an incident!” Raj snapped.


“It might not have been easy on you, but it isn’t worth ruining your life any further over”, Kareena reasoned.


“Please, just let me go”, he sighed.


“At least tell me what happened”, the girl pleaded.


He looked at her with a broken look in his eyes, took in a 

deep breath, and finally spoke. “It was her!”

© 2019 Rajat Raina


Author's Note

Rajat Raina
I appreciate all likes and criticisms regarding this. It is my plan to use these reviews to base my next potential novel on this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
I really liked the thought of keeping suspense till the end! Indeed I agree teenage is far more that hard to understand....and if it comes to writing, you're one is a good to read!!
Nice reading it😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rajat Raina

5 Years Ago

Thank you, so much! This review does mean a lot!
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcome!😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

567 Views
1 Review
Added on May 20, 2018
Last Updated on September 3, 2019
Tags: trial, love, teen

Author

Rajat Raina
Rajat Raina

Dehradun, India



Writing