Feeding the Horse

Feeding the Horse

A Story by aleemjassani

Suppose you use a horse for transportation as people have done in the past. One of your friends invites you to his house and you get there by riding your horse. Now, what would happen if your friend totally ignores you and starts feeding and looking after the horse only? You will feel confused as yourself, the rider, was suppose to be the guest, not the horse that you rode on. 

 

The above situation sounds abnormal but that is exactly what we are doing today. GOD has given us a body and a soul. The soul rides on the body to pass through this world. In other words, the body is like the horse and the soul is like the rider of the horse. Today, we are continuously busy in feeding and looking after the body but totally ignored the well being of our souls. As a result, our souls have become so weak without the spiritual food that it is not strong enough to even push us to go to the worship places or wake up for early morning prayer. Thus, it is essential that we strengthen our soul with the spiritual food as shown by Religion, such as keeping the company of the pious, recitation of the Holy Book, Doing good to others, spreading love and contemplating over the Greatness of GOD.

© 2012 aleemjassani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 20, 2012

Author

aleemjassani
aleemjassani

hyderabad, AL, India



About
Name is aleem jassani I come from India. I am 24 and I like to write philosophical things. I think I am good at writing but more over I like to help others write. I want to be a very very very good hu.. more..

Writing