part I- act I

part I- act I

A Chapter by Regret Almia Fair

Act 1

It was a beautiful day in the Island of Freedom, an island made by three escapees who had run away from home or as they say their prison. They had stolen a boat and went off on a three-day voyage over the sea. They came to the deserted island and claimed their new home till further notice. Their names were Yuko, Suki and Murasaki -Saki for short- and they had been best friends since they could remember. They had built homes and gathered food for survival. It had been two years since they had escaped from their homes of torture and they wanted to see the rest of the world.

“We should go somewhere else!” Murasaki said, they had a nickname for her- Saki for short. Saki had flowing long jet-black hair, with caramel brown skin color. Wearing clothes she had made herself, a mini skirt wearing a tang top. She had Greek shoes and her hair was put up in a ponytail because she was doing her chores.

“Why?” Yuko, a black girl with relaxed hair wearing torn jeans and a simple short-sleeved shirt said. “I thought we would stay here forever.”

“Well being here forever is boring as it is.” Saki said. “We need to see the worlds unknown! Like Europe or Greek or…or…America I don’t know.”

“Yeah, we can find new homes with new families.” Suki said. Suki had nice long dirty blond hair wearing a thin line of coal under her eyes for eyeliner and wore a ratted orange jacket and wore torn caprie jeans. She had a torn shirt on and wore her flip-flops.

Yuko seemed saddened by the fact that they were leaving on such short notice. She had grown accustom to living among the wild life.

“We should think about where to live.” Saki said. “But where is the question.”

“Might as well go to America but not Arizona!” Suki said. “We’ll move to New York or something.”

“But how are we gonna get there?” Yuko asked. “We don’t have money to buy a better boat.”

“We’ll earn some when we get to a well populated island or something.” Saki said.

“With what wood?” Yuko asked stubbornly.

“We’ll make a raft big enough for us and the food.” Suki said. “We’ll be fine.”

“We’d better get ready.” Saki said.

Yuko felt left out by the fact that her friends wanted to move. Yuko went off to one of the caves that were near the rivers. She walked inside and observed the cave art she and her friends did when they first came there. Yuko recalled them coming on the island.

It looks like it’s deserted was what Yuko said.

Well it’s ours now! Was Saki’s reply. And these amazing cave drawings are proof that we claimed it!

Unless these people are stupid and can’t read cave man art. Was Suki saying with rolled eyes and they laughed.

The marvelous feeling of being belonged made butterflies erupt in her stomach. Tears slowly flowed down her cheeks but she quickly wiped them away.

“Goodbye island of Freedom.” Yuko said and left the cave, going off to help her friends with gathering dinner.

*****

That following day the sun set surprisingly early for island hours. Suki was the first to notice and said, “The sun normally goes down at seven.”

“What’s our sundial say?” Saki asked.

“Five thirty.” Suki replied after looking at their small sundial.

“Maybe winters coming or something. We’d better get ready before the hurricanes come in again.” Saki said and set off to find Yuko, who had fallen asleep on her duties.

She was having a strange dream. Yuko had gone unconscious under their palm tree while gathering dumb apples. Yuko was falling in water as if being pulled down by a great force. She simply allowed it to pull her down until she hit the bottom of the ocean, landing on her two feet perfectly. The sand on the floor seemed to have turned into doves, because a flock of doves dispersed under her. A rose window like art was at the bottom of her feet. A princess that had tears streaming down her cheeks. She seemed distressed and alone.



© 2010 Regret Almia Fair


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 19, 2010


Author

Regret Almia Fair
Regret Almia Fair

phoenix, AZ



About
hey there im Alex :) im sixteen and a new writer as of this past year. Everything to know about me and more by zahannahThe Basicsname: AlexAge: 16B-day: 7/20/94Hair color: brown/maroonishEye color.. more..

Writing