Africa A love lost

Africa A love lost

A Chapter by Alex Bond
"

A true inspiring journey of love, cancer, war and murder.

"

Introduction

 

 

Tiny beads of moisture glistened and framed her pasty grey face.  Her tight and gaunt skin caught the last sad rays, as the sun was setting behind the jagged tips of the crispy green sugar cane plantation.  Her vacant open eyes glared ahead, as though she was desperately signalling for help and her body sat listless in the seat of the cab.  The dark shades she’d been wearing lay abandoned in her lap.  A large, silver coin sized hole adorned her abdomen.  Red velvet liquid congealed in the centre of the wound and her body swallowed up the deeper shades of red into an abyss of darkness.

 

A plush goose down pillow, encased in a faded and obviously sleep loved pillow case, perched itself next to her on the seat.  There was a camera rolling in my head, recording the scene in slow motion and etching the details painfully in the flimsy film.  A red splash started to appear in the bottom corner of the pillow and graciously grow.  It seeped up the dry material and moisture deprived feathers, exposing a macabre design.  A pool of red developed on the seat and crept slowly to the edge, destined for the beige interior carpet lining the base of the vehicle.  An eagle perched on a cliff edge, hunger blazing through his golden brown eyes, devilishly evil in his intentions to swoop down on his prey, would gracefully surge ahead of the erupting red ooze slipping over the edge of the seat.

 

A Barbie doll lay haphazardly on the mat, with her dark locks crashing against the accelerator pedal and the left leg was unnaturally vent backwards.  Dry grass and crumbling dirt scattered the perimeter around her awkwardly placed body, suggesting the doll had been flung onto the floor on impact. 

 

Could this be a gift for her one year old granddaughter?  The little brunette- blonde toddler, with bouncy curls and a cheeky smile, she lavishly doted on.  A love gift that would never be delivered by the purchaser to its intended recipient!



© 2015 Alex Bond


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on November 15, 2015
Last Updated on November 15, 2015
Tags: love, murder, cancer, war


Author

Alex Bond
Alex Bond

Beerwah, Queensland, Australia



About
My courage to write has been ignited and my soul yearns to share our story. True love, facing war, losing a loved one to murderous act and staring a rare cancer in the eyes. My chapters are real.. more..

Writing