THE UNEXPECTED HELP

THE UNEXPECTED HELP

A Story by ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ
"

Being sincere is most important when you want to help the others. Otherwise, there will be the bad ending

"

                The willow stood watching several events that already happened and one particular even occurred after the stormy weather. The lower road was completely flooded after the one week rain and cut access of both plains that was separated by it. The other side of the plain where the higher road was located was damaged by landslide and therefore the food sourcing for other animals had been scarce. Most of them crossed the flooded path to get to another side of the plain to obtain more food. During that, it was a strong race for the inhabitants to fight with each other trying to get to another side and some were fatal during the race.

                The road was wide so to cross to the other side was made difficult. Only some creatures that had ability to swim were able to access. Moreover, after the storm, the flood current was strong. Gushing. Any unlucky ones might be washed off easily. After that fateful day, many animals were stranded on the bank of the flooded path. A tiger, a good swimmer watched from afar three stranded boars looking rather sad thinking of how to cross the river that had strong current. Not far from the boars was an old monkey.

                The tiger swam itself to the other side and greeted them. He was actually quite starving too not having to eat for some days as his food sourcing was scarce after the stormy days. The boars were at first thought of running away but was halted by the tiger. ‘Need a ride across? My poor friend, I could take all of you a ride across. See the strong current? Any mistake you make might end you up swept away by it.’ The boars were quite frightened by the strong current rushing from the higher end to lower end.

                The old monkey saw the tiger chatting with the boars came closer. ‘Hey tiger. You want to lift the three boars taking them across?’ The tiger grinned. ‘Might be the best offer I could have ever made. Being helpful is my forte.’ The monkey could not believe the tiger of being helpful. ‘I doubt you stripey. You could never be so good and I heard your tummy growling and that’s not you.’ The tiger denied. ‘Oh shut it. You might want a ride too because I can’t deny everyone is starving too. For days all of you are fighting for food and that storm had done its job best.’

                The boars were whispering with each other and suddenly one made his mind. ‘Tiger, yes we were badly starved. One can you do best to help us?’ The tiger lowered itself. ‘Look I can take all of you to the other side of the plain. Just cling on my back and I will transport you across and after that, good to go.’ The boars agreed to the tiger’s suggestion and hopped onto the tiger’s back. The tiger began to immerse itself swimming across the swift current and reached the other side. Having dropped the boars, it began to pounce at the three of them, biting severely on their back and left them to die. That was his happy meal after having to enjoy the flesh of the poor creatures.

                Now left the monkey whom the tiger was thought to eat too. It swam across and met up the old monkey who was still thinking of how to cross. ‘They were transported safely, old monkey. Now how about you.’ The monkey was still having doubt with the striped creature. Alas, he wanted to know if the tiger was true so he made his mind. ‘Alright, tiger. I guess with the sincere offer of yours, how could I resist?’ The tiger grinned again. ‘True. You are right to accept my offer.’ The monkey picked up a branch from the ground that was broken during the storm. ‘I am old, tiger you know. I need to walk and balance myself with this walking stick at least.’ The tiger nodded. ‘True. True.’

                The monkey clung on the branch and hopped onto the tiger’s back. The tiger began to swim across the gushing current. The monkey observed carefully the tiger’s movement and looked carefully at the surrounding. Suddenly it spotted the bones of the three boars upon reaching the bank. ‘You lied to me, tiger! You said the boars were free and now they were ended up between your teeth.’ The tiger was stunned. ‘Why did you say that?’

                The monkey gnashed its teeth. ‘I might be old but I am not a fool. I can see you will drop me there and immediately pounces on me. For that tiger you shall receive this!’ The monkey stabbed the tiger repeatedly on its back with the broken branch and the tiger growled in pain. The monkey quickly jumped off the tiger’s back to the side of the path leaving the weakened creature in agony. The strong current washed the weakened tiger off and the old monkey was secured. It moved to the other side of the plain safely afterwards. You might be sly to trick someone, but it was never a wise move for one day you will be washed off by your own sin.

© 2015 ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Way to go!! Nice storyline ..

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 10, 2015
Last Updated on July 10, 2015
Tags: animal, monkey, tiger, boars, sincere, help, truth, honest

Author

ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ
ķřăźŷ_ĺīļ_āľĩĕņ

Taiping, Perak, Malaysia



About
I am not any good writer but like everyone, it needs a start. What's wrong with trying? Try, fall, rise and keep going. The more you are hurt the tougher you become. What doesn't kill you makes you st.. more..

Writing