Regretting and forgetting

Regretting and forgetting

A Story by Alexis Mizell

A thought:
While I've never been the type to deny my regrets, I would always look past the fact that I knowingly sit and ponder the "what if's" of all situations. So what if? What if, I had told the man I loved, I loved him. What if, my friendships of the past never failed. And what if, I was born to a different family in an ulterior world. Until recently I noticed that these what ifs don't promise anything better, I just make up the dream of a better situation in my mind. So I've stopped. Now I only look at the "what is". My family is what is dearest to me. My love life is what is the challenge I love to hate. And the friends that have stuck with me through thick and thin are what is special to me. 
So I ask, "what is" in your life? Because I'll tell you, listing those on a piece of paper gives your heart more warmth than daydreaming the "what ifs" that leave you longing for things your can't change. 

© 2012 Alexis Mizell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on July 7, 2012
Last Updated on July 7, 2012

Author

Alexis Mizell
Alexis Mizell

CA



About
I am lover of writing, music, animals, and realistics. I am straight forward in most instances which makes me a candidate for lost loves and broken friendships. I aspire to conquer many things in life.. more..

Writing
Defined Defined

A Story by Alexis Mizell