What are the major disabilities that qualify for ESA?

What are the major disabilities that qualify for ESA?

A Story by Alex Stephen

You can apply for an ESA if you have a mental disease such as depression, stress, or any other stress disorders. Along with the relaxation and companionship, assistance animals also provide a therapeutic advantage to their masters. Most people prefer dogs as their emotional support animals. Therefore, if an individual gets qualified for the process, he/she will be eligible to get an emotional support dog letter.


What are the major disabilities that qualify for ESA?

The following 6 disabilities are the major ones that can qualify an individual for the ESA.

  1.       Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a state of mental health triggered by a traumatic incident either experiencing or witnessing it. Symptoms can include memories, delusions, severe anxiety, and uncontrollable feelings about the event. Many individuals who go through stressful events may have occasional adjustment problems, but they typically get better with time and good self-care.

  1.       Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression, is a state of mental health that induces extreme mood swings, including hypomania and depression. You can feel euphoric, full of energy, or extremely irritable when the attitude switches to mania or hypomania. This disorder can affect sleep, appetite, activity, and attitude.

  1.       Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD)

Attention Deficit Disorder is a serious disorder that affects millions of children and often carries on into adulthood. It includes a combination of things such as attention issues, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness. Additionally, children suffering from this disorder experience low self-esteem, unstable relationships, and poor academic grades.




Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA)

According to the FFHA, homeowners under the Housing Department provide an ESA letter for housing. They are required to make appropriate plans for enabling people with disabilities to carry an assistance pet with them at home. The Air Carrier Access Act also qualifies ESAs to accompany their owners in an airplane cabin, it will need paperwork to clarify why the owner has an illness and why the dog has to travel with them.

Under the FHA, landlords are not legally:

  • Obliged to pay any additional fee about ESAs
  • Investigate the disability's comprehensive medical records
  • Refuse to accept emotional support from an individual
  • Call for special training for pets
  • Use any sort of identification collar that is harming the animal

Nevertheless, households are legally responsible if their pet causes any injury to the people or the property. However, federal law does not require the ESAs to wear clothes or collars of any kind. Although, we highly recommend you to make your dog look official in order to get identified in any public place.

© 2019 Alex Stephen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on December 11, 2019
Last Updated on December 11, 2019

Author

Alex Stephen
Alex Stephen

Glen Cove, NY



About
Hi, my name is Alex Stephen. I am a professional writer and work with www.5staressays.com more..

Writing