Mistakes to Avoid When Buying and Installing a Shower Enclosure

Mistakes to Avoid When Buying and Installing a Shower Enclosure

A Story by Alex Stephen
"

Shower doors in your bathroom uplifts your bathroom aesthetics and make it elegant. Here are 6 common mistakes that you should avoid during shower door installation.

"

What is a shower enclosure? 

A shower enclosure or glass shower door is used as a replacement for the shower curtains. The use of shower curtains is now getting extinct, and the shower doors have taken their place. A shower enclosure is made up of glass that gives a new look to your bathroom and makes it elegant. Moreover, such doors are easy to clean as compared to shower curtains. 

The glass shower doors can bring a new style and increase the aesthetic appeal of your bathroom. People who don’t have any prior knowledge regarding shower glass commit some common mistakes during the installation process. 

Selecting the right shower enclosure for your bathroom is the first step in your installation process. After selection, you have to make sure that you are installing your shower glass panels properly. 

Here, in this article, we are going to make the audience know the common mistakes that homeowners execute during the buying and installation process of the shower glass door. It will help the newbies to avoid the mistakes in future.

Common mistakes to avoid during shower door installation


Incorrect measurements - A big blunder


A basic mistake that even experienced buyers make is taking the wrong measurements of the shower door. As a result, you will witness a loose-fitting glass door that can be a huge risk for your investment and safety too. Loose-fitting glass doors tend to break which can result in any human injury.

Measure your glass to the last millimeter accurately to avoid any type of future inconvenience. If you are not at ease while having measurements, hire a professional to take the measurements accurately. 

Poor drainage of shower enclosure



While installing a shower enclosure, homeowners usually forget to put into consideration the drainage of their shower glass doors. Put keen attention to the drainage of your shower area, as it can be frustrating if it’s not given the required attention.

Firstly, you need to make the floor of your shower glass slightly sloped towards the drain. Moreover, your curb placement is also important. Your curb should slope slightly down into the shower to prevent water leakage.


Choosing a cheaper material


There is no doubt that you should avoid spending extra money and try your best to save your bucks for hard times. However, this thing is not always applicable, as sometimes the cheaper the thing is, the harder the future is. 

Choose a shower enclosure material that is long-lasting and safe. A good quality shower door might be expensive but it will be a good investment in the long run.


Placing your shower head in front of your glass door


What if you take the right measurements, buy an expensive shower glass, maintain good drainage for it and it still leaks? Won’t it be frustrating? It’ll surely be. If you want to avoid frustration then place your shower head at the right place.

When you are installing your shower enclosure, never place your shower head in front of your shower glass entrance. Otherwise, don’t complain after spending a handsome amount on shower enclosure that still leaks.


Choosing a hinged door over the sliding glass door


You might consider a swinging door a good fit for your bathroom, and it is the root of many problems. The swinging doors are prone to damage and your all investment remains at risk. If the swinging door is opened by force, then there is a chance that it might hit any other part of your enclosure and cause damage. 

To avoid such a scenario, opt for a frameless sliding door option. A sliding glass door is more captivating than the hinged swinging door and gives easy maintenance too. Furthermore, if you are short of space in your bathroom, then the sliding glass door mechanism is best for your small restroom.


Not hiring a professional to save money


The cheap shower enclosure material puts your investment at risk; similarly, if you don’t hire a professional, or hire a person who doesn’t have the required skill set, then you’re putting your money at stake too. 

So, to avoid future problems and get the best out of your spent money, try to hire a professional contractor to get a stunning and elegant shower enclosure.


Get your shower enclosure 

Till now, we have made it very easy and clear for the readers to know what the shower enclosure is and what are the common mistakes that occur during the shower glass door installation? So, if you are thinking of making your bathroom according to modern standards, then buy a sliding glass shower door.  

If you want to order online, visit the websites that offer the sale and installation of shower enclosures. You can order online on Fab Glass and Mirror website too. Visit www.fabglassandmirror.com.

© 2021 Alex Stephen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I`m interested if it is possible for men.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 7, 2021
Last Updated on September 6, 2021
Tags: shower door

Author

Alex Stephen
Alex Stephen

Glen Cove, NY



About
Hi, my name is Alex Stephen. I am a professional writer and work with www.5staressays.com more..

Writing