Bandaged Flower

Bandaged Flower

A Poem by Alice Poésy
"

Heart Anatomy Poetry #2 //when the sands shift

"
Heartless buildings,
sunflower petals at my feet;

Breathing in my face;
this skin's a foreign place,
whispered voices on repeat:

Hotels don't hold hearts,
sunflowers aren't part of the arts.

My senses wrapped in gauze,
hands on my waist.
I try to remove the film
from my tepid sight as I realise,

these hands aren't mine
and these arms aren't 
his.

© 2016 Alice Poésy


Author's Note

Alice Poésy
An inside view of my brain. Written at 4am at McDonald's - even though I dislike the place - after an odd night. Everywhere's dead at that hour.

Is this complete nonsense?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think McDonalds gave you inspiration although you didn't know it. The atmosphere rubbed off on you with the first words: Heartless buildings. I can almost see this as a black and white view of your town and relationships you find there. Like someone dis-embodied and trying to figure it all out, you sleepwalk through life (in the poem) trying to disseminate between what's real and what isn't.

Now I'm trying to figure out if what I just said is nonsense. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

No, no, definitely not nonsense :). I adore hearing what images I manage to conjure in the readers' .. read more



Reviews

not really...i am from the Bronx...i remember skyscrapers, tall buildings, apartments...and one tree and little patch of grass on each street.

we constantly remove nature to build our buildings, our malls, our whatevers...

but also i see this as the speaker gaining material things, but finding that love is being choked away..

that things are becoming more important than feelings.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Having read most if not all of your other stuff to date, I must confess, I liked the other stuff more......

Posted 7 Years Ago


Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Quite understandable. This one's more abstract and experimental than the others for the simple reaso.. read more
Interesting way to connect with such deep thoughts at a place booming with burgers(my favourite place) all though my belly tells me to stop..enough of that...what I am saying is it must have been a strange night being held by a heart you did not percieve as yours, especailly as such late hours#i am still who the hands belonged to if they were not "his"

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
1VJ
There's a numbing sensation to these emotions, a feeling of what once was. I really like it, I'm not sure Mickey D's had any influence over your words, they're much more gilt-edged.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Indeed. That numb feeling is something that tends to come and go more often than I want it to...
read more
A very good poem. You left the reader with something to think about.
"Hotels don't hold hearts,
sunflowers aren't part of the arts."
The above lines stood to me. You left something for the reader to ponder with good description and strong statement. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 7 Years Ago


Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Thank YOU for stopping by :). This might seem like a really abstract piece and I like the different .. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I like the poetry that test the mind. This poem did and you are welcome.
it's only nonsense if wrote this while wearing a straight jacket me thinks :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Hmm, fair point! Thank the stars I haven't been found out yet.

Thank you for stopping.. read more
PoeticSorcery

7 Years Ago

well they haven't caught me either, so maybe they're slacking off some :P

you're welc.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Abs not nonsense and even if it was, beautiful nonsense then. I like this one very much. I read it quite a few times, leaves me with feelings and images of revealing, realizing wrapped in lovable words. You seem to have this very nice smoothness in your writings which I love and also try to add to my poems to make the pieces flowing and the emotions bound to them.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

V

7 Years Ago

I think so too regarding my own writings. Always a pleasure to read your works.
Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

And always a pleasure to read yours :)
V

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate.
Whoa. This gives off quite the ethereal vibe (as do all of your pieces that I've read thus far), which I always find enjoyment in!

This piece reads almost as if I, or anyone, were seated beside you at McDonald's at one silent 4am, being vented to by you in a language only the listener could understand and relate to. I loved the pacing of this, and as has always been the case, your strong imagery doesn't even begin to wither away.

Great work yet again, Alice. Keep hitting 'em out of the park. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Sante! I admire your work and to hear such words from you means the world to me.<.. read more
Asante

7 Years Ago

I could flip your entire comment and relate it to myself! To have you admire my work is a big-time c.. read more
This has some ghostly feeling to it, in your note you have mentioned that you wrote this poem at 4 am, I think that hour left the magic of mysticism. There is juxtaposition here, which I loved it. The hotel and the sunflower; while one is full of heartless breaks, the other one is away from the garden and passing the scent to your skin. Keep writing ;)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Po&eacute;sy

7 Years Ago

Ah, I just love how detailed and intricate your reviews are. The very late/early hours do have a cer.. read more
Interesting. I didn't read into as deep as others. it's an intriguing piece - definitely makes you read more than once. Sounds like a night of somewhat regret and a realization that we really don't control anything. All else I gathered were your actual surroundings at the time. And of course, "hands" can always represent time or a clock. Very cool - I'll be back.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Po&eacute;sy

7 Years Ago

I love your interpretation. When I write, I write through various different lenses, and this happene.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2016
Last Updated on August 28, 2016
Tags: poetry, dark brain, confusion, distortion, life, anatomy

Author

Alice Po&eacute;sy
Alice Poésy

Europe



About
There's definitely something old but something pretty new; something borrowed and something very, very blue. 20 years old; redheaded, European and unapologetic. I like people who paint vivid pictur.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos