They, the Humans

They, the Humans

A Story by alimurtaza
"

A short piece on the absurdity of humanity's "biggest" problems.

"

The Virgo Supercluster is one of about 10 million of its kind in the observable universe: and in it, one of its 100,000 or so galaxies is the Milky Way. Somewhere on one of Milky Way’s spiral arms is one of its 200 billion or so stars, called the Sun - the third planet from which is a blue rock called earth. 

This rock has been around for some 4.54 billion years, with its current masters, bipedal creatures called humans, emerging in the last 0.003% of its current age. 

These creatures share around 98% of their DNA with their recent cousins, the chimpanzees, and about 97.5% with the more distant mice. Yet, some part of that other 2% makes them special - very special. They are the only ones on this rock who fight over difference of thought; difference of opinion; of ideas; of ancestry; of skin color; of language; and even of sexual preference. They also fight over arbitrary boundaries laid down on this rock; and for various imaginary ones within them. They also fight for possessions, real and fictitious. 

But most of all, they fight for power. Sometimes, for the power to spread their favorite version of a story; at other times, just for the details within that. But in the end, they fight for the power of becoming the temporary masters of one barely distinguishable part of this rock from another.

They really are special, these humans.

© 2013 alimurtaza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An Incredible piece, the story seemed like a preview of a book. I loved this even today i read this and i got something new from the story, it's true it's only the mankind who can make some diff. in lan., color, behavior, talks and so on... but today's arena in the world wide, humans're really forgetting the humanity and it's true this's because of new generation, may be due to stunnnig things or may be a man's now much educated in every field and that's a making a world, making this planet bad as it wasn't in few years back. Anyway, it's a great piece of thinking on it very deeply in a lonely because it's not a story of mankind, it's now a matter of humanity. Nicely penned, i must say, thanks for sharing this peice with others, it helped to know more about mankind and life.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 24, 2013
Last Updated on September 24, 2013
Tags: humans, war, peace, cosmos, religion, philosophy

Author

alimurtaza
alimurtaza

Savannah, GA



Writing