Life as an Orphan

Life as an Orphan

A Story by alionalynn
"

A life of an orphan

"
It is never as it seems.... I was 6 years old when I got taken from my parents in Russia. A white van just came and took me out of nowhere. I didn't understand what was happening. First month was super hard, I cried day in and day out. The orphanage was not what it seemed like from the outside. We were treated like we weren't human, like we were just there for the paycheck for the people who worked there. We got beat pretty much on a daily. We didn't want to eat our food? Got beat. Couldn't sleep? Got beat. I remember one night I needed to use the restroom around midnight and the woman wouldn't let me go.. so I peed in my bed. She got me up hit me and put me in a timeout corner for about two hours. If we moved our eyes while they were closed we got hit. After a while it's just how i thought every adult was. 
After about 6 months in the orphanage my mother finally called, I got the phone and she told me she was coming to see me. I was so happy. A couple weeks pass, she never came, no phone call, nothing. At that time in my life I learned to never trust anyone. She called a month or so later to apologize but I didn't want to talk to her, nor see her ever again, I cut her out of my life and never spoke to her again. My brother and grandmother came to see me, they were pretty much who took care of me before the orphanage. A couple months later I found out my grandmother passed, I was heartbroken. Life never really made sense after that. I taught myself how to read and write at age of seven. I got in trouble for pretty much everything. Even though my life wasn't that great it definitely taught me a lot at a young age and I appreciate that I at least got something out of that place. Three years of being in the orphanage and some foreigners came and my life changed forever.

© 2019 alionalynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on January 21, 2019
Last Updated on January 21, 2019
Tags: russia, orphan, new

Author

alionalynn
alionalynn

Mesa, AZ



About
Just like to write whatever comes to mind more..