Prologue: Raindrops

Prologue: Raindrops

A Chapter by alison13

PROLOGUE

 

 

 

 

Raindrops

 

 

 

 

 

 

     I stared on the car window as the raindrops roll slowly. It hadn’t rained much; the truth is, I don’t remember encountering it for the past few months. Or maybe I did; I just didn’t mind how mesmerizing rain can be. I rested my gaze on the glimmering drops of rain for a moment until my iPod shuffled to another song. It shuffled to Next to You by Jordin Sparks; just the perfect song for this moment.

     I looked down to my fractured arm, caused of the fire. I didn’t really care about it, doesn’t feel anything. I just like staring on the words written on the arm sling.

 

Live, love life to the fullest.

Never find love; it’s on its way.

 

     I can’t help thinking of him, of course. He never really left my mind�"and heart. Maybe time was too fast. But who to blame? It’s my fault that I wasted it anyway.

     The car made a turn, and in just a few more seconds, we’ll be passing by his school; by my school. In a few short weeks, it’ll be prom already. Too bad I couldn’t be there. For all of the most special events in a teenager’s life, it has to be the prom that I have to miss.

     What are you complaining about? You didn’t even plan to stay that long anyway. A voice muttered inside my head. It was right, of course. I only wanted to stay for three days, in the first place.

     “Are you alright honey?” my mom asked.

     “Yes,” I murmured my voice nearly audible.

     “What happened to you? But more importantly, what happened between you and Troy?” her voice was calm and soothing.

     “It started with a compromise. The most unforgettable compromise you could ever make.” I looked at her and smiled.



© 2011 alison13


Author's Note

alison13
i STILL haven't figured out how i can show em dash (—).. please, please, PLEASE help me! i read the FAQs like a million times but i still haven't understand it.. "click the Paste as Plain Text icon".. could someone please tell me what's that icon looks like? i hadn't had any trouble like this in my very first book, but since the writerscafe kinda made a few changes, i don't know what to do. the em dash (—) was shown as (") which is too disturbing for me.. i kinda used the comma for improvise.. any suggestion would help.. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

An incredible start to your book! I was drawn in from the very first line; looking out the car window and seeing the rain is something that's so universal and so relatable, and reading your description of that reminded me of all the moments where I've experienced that. There were a few grammatical mistakes, but nothing that you can't fix. :P A lovely start!
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


You are a amazing young woman. You can write great stories with such ease. I have been writing my stories for 35 years. Finished few. A very good beginning. I will try to read a few chapters.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on March 11, 2011


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


love is? love is?

A Poem by Awdures


Extinction Extinction

A Poem by justice