Undefined Love, Redefined

Undefined Love, Redefined

A Poem by AMarie


I believe that love, in it's truest most uncomplicated sense, is not an emotion. 

I repeat, LOVE, in it's stripped down and rarest form, is NOT an emotion.. 

I present to you this: 

That love is rather, a choice. 

A choice to care about someone other than yourself, endlessly and without boundaries, placing their needs and desires above your own, selflessing persuing what it takes to fulfill their needs, and being there when they need cushion to fall, whether they deserve it, or not. 

You see love is feirce yet rich with forgiveness. It's exposing imperfection and looking past it. It's holding hands in quiet moment and comforting glances during chaos. It's friendship, companionship, and relationship despite hardship. It's a deep connection, when one soul honors another. It's peaceful and constant; rare and uniquely different each time. 

It's not to be confused with romance, but to be lifted far above it. 

Romance is simple. 

But love.. REAL love, is a choice. 

© 2014 AMarie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice and deep: the first lines struck me immediately. There's not much I can tell but muse the deepness of "love is a choice".

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMarie

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the support!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 10, 2014
Last Updated on July 18, 2014

Author

AMarie
AMarie

Tucson, AZ



About
My story is simple. A hurt and angry little girl, a carefree and rebellious teen, a young naïve mother and wife, a vibrant introvert turned Queen. more..

Writing
The Artist The Artist

A Poem by AMarie


Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by AMarie