To learn of love

To learn of love

A Poem by AMarie
"

This poem was written on the day my daughter graduated high school.. it is a tribute to all that she will become. Molded from my mothers hand, to my own, and passed to her.

"

It was in those early morning thoughts that awoke me, you know, the thoughts that come as you lay suspended between your dream world and this reality, that I thought about... love.

Yes, that 4 letter word with so much meaning intertwined within the syllables and emotional value to me, what does it mean and where do we truly learn to L-O-V-E.

For me, my first taste was sweet. Spoon fed from a kind and beautiful woman as she once held me in her arms, and later by the hand. Showing me examples of selflessness, tenderness, goodness, gentleness, and true LOVE-li-ness…

It is said that love is one’s desire to serve, expecting nothing in return, yet in return for those lessons taught, and those examples shown, I found myself in full love of this amazing woman.

I never expected it to be duplicated, or reprocessed in a way that I would make it my own, until the day that I became the teacher. I held her in my arms and for the very first time, as my mother had held me, I took in the beauty of my own creation. And from that day forward, love was remade, reconstructed, and refashioned, and placed into my own rotation.

Ever changing, ever fierce, and being passed on from generation to new generation…

As the days approach for her to take flight, and I learn to love her from an arm lengths distance, I promise to always keep her in sight, and always remind her of true loves existence.

I may be selfish but I do expect a return on my investment. As the wings of determination and ambition carry her to the height of potential, and the ground below becomes smaller and smaller and harder to see…

don’t forget the lessons learned down here, down below, where I still stand looking up into the sky in full awe of you, always remember, me.

Take with you my examples, both good and bad, and remake, reconstruct, and refashion them as your own, reclaiming them and relabeling them… LOVE.

© 2014 AMarie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RLo
Incredible! I love love love this...

Posted 4 Years Ago


Well penned. I like that four letter word (love) better than others used so much.....

Posted 9 Years Ago


AMarie

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your review! Glad you liked it.
Blogger

9 Years Ago

It really is good. Very sweet.
This is beautiful and lovely wrote, many will relate with your work

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMarie

9 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read and review!
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend...
RLo

4 Years Ago

Your writing is so detailed and full of L.O.V.E. It’s mesmerizing...
Well written, gritty and thought provoking. Your words are haunting.
This is a great piece of work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMarie

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the beautiful review.. it's very encouraging as a new writer!
Luissanto

9 Years Ago

No , Thank You for sharing your beautiful gift...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

575 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2014
Last Updated on July 15, 2014
Tags: Mother's Love, Honor, Generations

Author

AMarie
AMarie

Tucson, AZ



About
My story is simple. A hurt and angry little girl, a carefree and rebellious teen, a young naïve mother and wife, a vibrant introvert turned Queen. more..

Writing
The Artist The Artist

A Poem by AMarie


Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by AMarie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..