Election Results

Election Results

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

a side show for presidency

"


Election Results

A hallway of convention
Someone sitting in the atmosphere
Below hub bub of scribbled speech
An ant colony of politics
Grabbing mindsets of the electorate
No one free in the speeches of said
Only reminders that this one is dead.

© 2016 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Einstein!

Wow you said a mouthful and more. Comments appreciated. Thanks for the visit.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


boy oh boy ...i relate! thank you for this great line:
"An ant colony of politics ' ... brilliant says i! just brilliant! this election cycle is historic in so many ways ...forget about the clear and opposing positions never before emblazoned so garishly ... a liar and a communist on the left and a sideshow of the established "conservatives no one will vote for and wild cards that the GOP establishment can't stand ... i have considered myself an informed voter from day one but i never knew about "super delegates in the Dem,. side and contested convention bull that can discount the voice of the people ...i have never understood how a president can win that office without the popular vote .. have always believed the electoral college should be abandoned .. but even more so with all the arrogance fuming ... ok! i'm stopping now ..needless to say your poem hit the mark for me :)
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I have anew friend! Thank you Valentine! My big boy Jackson, a golden retriever, was adopted on Valentine's Day.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thanks Jacob!

And to think men and women are losing their lives over it.


Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hi Chris,

I'm Al! Well a good laugh is better than a police state. Thanks for visiting!

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


A laugh of sadness Lydia. I'm beginning to think its all a sideshow.

Thanks for the visit!

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thanks for my first laugh of the day. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


i chuckled too, then frowned---this year's campaign is ridiculous..and keeps getting ridiculous-er...

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I admit I chuckled after I read this AND during ...the subsequent second and third go thru's.

Political motivations are such a "show" to behold while held in others' esteem. Opinions are like votes anymore - some even count ...somewhere - least 'til even they don't.

Hi Al, I'm Chris

Posted 7 Years Ago


We don't have much to choose from this November, do we? While the candidates are not official yet, the cast of characters was not thrilling to begin with. They all have those little sound bites to grab the electorate, don't they? Good political write, Al. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2016
Last Updated on April 28, 2016
Tags: Convention, mindsets, politics, dead

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Father Father

A Poem by Ted Kniffen