A Trinity of Circumstances

A Trinity of Circumstances

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

In the name of the Father, Son & Holy boo Ghost

"

A Trinity of Circumstances

Here in the trinity of circumstances
We found our butts offered to the paddle of God
Moses laws came down on us in stinging celebration
Perhaps a lighter touch was knuckles kissing ruler's lore
Twelve good inches of catechism reaching out to soul's hand
It its merest form under a confessional guise we said
Hail Mary's, Our Father's like it meant something to be said.
We had our day in holy land when paddles disappeared in grad's new land.

© 2016 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm sorry to revise that memory KL. The priest added to the remorse of catholic school. He fondled my private parts. I have no use of the catholic religion or its institutions.

Take care!

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


I am of the age where few used the stick or the paddle, but I know of the nuns of whom you speak -- there was one, who liked nothing better than to crack a yardstick across your hands if you did something wrong -- but worse, for me, she had an eye for people who cracked under mental humiliation. She brow beat me so badly in math and phys ed it took me 7 or 8 years to recover -- sad that entire generations grew up with similar experiences and resentments. As you can see, your poem speaks loudly to anyone who has had a Catholic school education.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I was elated to finish in public school. I didn't care for the politics but had lots of foolish time with good friends. Flunked 10th grade because Nam was coming, I thought it might end. Thought about quiting school but declined. You know the rest.

Thanks Jacob!

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


i had it all the way into high school...the priests used to use their belts on us...

guess the Red Sea forgot to part in Joliet...

fond memories...yes, they really are, believe it or not.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 14, 2016
Last Updated on May 14, 2016
Tags: Trinity, God, Moses, holy

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing