Bounce

Bounce

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

a friend has a dog name Bounce. What a sweetie!

"
Bounce

A bounce who lived in a tree
Once said, how high can I be?
He tried it once and then again
Oh what fun I can bounce endlessly
So he practiced daily
Catching rainbows and clouds
He once bounced so high
He was dizzy for hours
Now all old and resting in bed
He returned to his memories
of leaping instead.

© 2016 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Pryde,

Yes......you would love Bounce, a border collie, who is sweet and lovable as chocolate.

Regards,
Al

P.S. She's amazing catching the frisbee.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The mind can be such good solace. Bounce sounds like a dog I'd like to know:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thanks Lydia!

I shall do so. Glad you enjoyed this little trip in the air.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


How cute this is! Whimsical and innocent fun. The personification of the bounce is delightful. Lydi**

PS...in line 7, you need to add a "d" to the word "bounce" :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thanks E!

For the story, instruction and advice. I have a golden retriever, Jackson, a yellow Lab called Honey. It's storming right now and Jackson is scared.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thanks Barleygirl!

I enjoyed your story immensely. This poem reminds me of my friends dog who everyone just loves.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


In my childhood home we had a miniature poodle that walked the fencetops like a pro! I love the way your poem straddles the idea of a dog named bounce, along with all the other possibilities that "bounce" can be for some imaginative folks such as yourself! *smile* I can very much relate to the ending, where I'm not bouncing these days, but my mind still is! (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


i had a dog named Einstein .. true story ..he a Shnoodle and a very smart one at that .. when i left the house i saw him (his head anyway) bounce bounce bouncing in and out of view of the window ..what an idiot ..i thought of putting a shock collar on him ...of course i didn't ..i repaired and re-repaired the woodwork instead .arrrrrrrrrgh gotta love the damn dog right!? :)) first two lines have defined rhyme and rhythm but you go off road after that .. my sense is to want the same road once initiated .. i love the story of your friends dog ..and that you would be sufficiently impressed with the bouncer to share it here .. i won a 120 lb. Bullmastif now ... its an effort to lift her head to say hi let alone bounce .. gotta love her too eh!?
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2016
Last Updated on July 26, 2016
Tags: Bounce, high, clouds, rainbows

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..