The Story of Shade (Eclipse)

The Story of Shade (Eclipse)

A Story by Alfred Kukitz
"

Little beats BIG

"

The Story of Shade (Eclipse)


If morning meant anything to these unlikely rivals it was, without any question, the shade of the tree. ELM in its design, large in its statue, ELM had what many believe in its intrinsics nature the wherewithal to withstand any threat or extinction to its shade. Shade was, to quote Archimedes, a component part of nature’s giving.


The two rivals only knew to well and as a result gave the kind of respect shade deserved. Okay they did occasionally cheat. Lemar an asian derivative of the hellcat species and Morris an orangoutang of impeccable order knew the game. Shade gained respect.


In a few yards from the beginning of light shade followed, bitting its lower lip on occasion, hardly mentioned in the chronicles of history, light’s character soon became the prototype of significant understanding, shade became a byproduct. The centuries passed shade felt an impingement on its character. Its nature, after all, offered coolness, visibility in dimmed light,  a sense of relief from light, shade was all of these things and more. Shade certainly deserved better.


After more than several centuries of high noon shade got its chance. Never before in the history of time would something like this occur. During a mid day sun, light beaming with its usual pride, something blocked the light and shade covered the land. What magic was this? Hoota Hotta went the sounds! This was surely something that evolved shade’s influence. Answers stood silent but there stood shade, now growing in magical importance.

© 2019 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Sami!

Love your interpretation, soul and friendship!

Regards,
Al

Posted 4 Years Ago


Very unique with high perspective on these natural phenomenons. The byproduct overwhelmed the source. What an idea!. You are brilliant. This reminds me of a disciple superceding his master. Kudos Kubitz.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Thanks Kathy!

So glad you liked it! It was fun.

regards,
al

Posted 5 Years Ago


'The Story of Shade (Eclipse)
Alfred Kukitz,
This was a fascinating example of humanizing and giving character to light and shade.
I must say it was not an expected thing to read.
They are both all important. in this story shade surly needed it's chance to prove itself.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2019
Last Updated on April 8, 2019
Tags: shade, eclipse, rival, light, elm

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing