Play

Play

A Story by Allan
"

Writers Ink were asked to create a piece using a word chosen at random, 'Play'

"

Play.


© Allan Shipham 2014



Today was the grand opening and the Play's first public performance. Michelle had worked extremely hard over the past five years: creating the story, developing the screenplay, appointing a director and producer and helping to interview some of the cast and crew. She wanted to make sure everything was perfect and ensure nothing would go wrong.


The ticket office opened around three o'clock for last minute ticket sales, but they were already nearly sold-out. The cast were all backstage performing unique and individual routines to ensure they were in the best frame of mind for the première show. Michelle walked around and greeted everyone wishing them the best of luck. They all appreciated the good luck messages and resumed their routines.


In the upper level reception rooms the well-off and the titled all mixed socially before making their way to their boxes. Michelle made her way to her reserved seat at the front of the stalls to the applause of the audience. As she walked down the isle she glanced around and absorbed the atmosphere, she missed the last step and slipped, landing with a thud and a crack, breaking her leg.


Dear, dear... The irony.




© 2014 Allan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014
Tags: Play, Theater, Break

Author

Allan
Allan

Wellingborough, Non-U.S./Canadian, United Kingdom



About
I am someone with a lot of life experience. I have been working on several projects: a murder mystery, a gritty biography about my job as a teacher and some poems. I joined East Midlands writing group.. more..

Writing
Way Way

A Story by Allan


Lamp-Post Lamp-Post

A Story by Allan


Vicky. Vicky.

A Screenplay by Allan