Wheelbarrow

Wheelbarrow

A Story by Allan
"

Northants Writers Ink were asked to write a piece based on a word chosen at random, 'Wheelbarow'

"


Wheelbarrow.


© Allan Shipham 2014





Poppy looked into the wheelbarrow.


“Its funny,” she said. “You know, blood has leaked from this barrow, but there's nothing inside it.”


Thomas looked closer to see what she was describing. Before them was a wheelbarrow with a puddle of blood towards the front and to the left of the wheel. Sure enough, when he peeked inside there was no evidence of any blood, just compost and a pair of gardening gloves.


“Its made of wood. Its almost as if someone has made a secret compartment,” he suggested.

“Who would do that?” asked Poppy.

“ I don't know, maybe they put something valuable inside, something they didn't want others to know about.”

“Maybe a bottle of Whiskey?”

“Who knows?”


The young detectives looked over the wheelbarrow even closer to see if there was an explanation.


Ah, here it is,” exclaimed Thomas. In the dovetailing of the wooden panels Thomas had found a lever point. He took a screwdriver he found nearby and prized it ajar. As e opened the secret compartment they both drew a sharp intake of breath. Inside was the bloodied corpse of next doors cat.


“William!” they both shouted. 

© 2014 Allan


Author's Note

Allan
Slightly dark side to this story, passage of life story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

171 Views
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014
Tags: Wheelbarrow, cat, gloves

Author

Allan
Allan

Wellingborough, Non-U.S./Canadian, United Kingdom



About
I am someone with a lot of life experience. I have been working on several projects: a murder mystery, a gritty biography about my job as a teacher and some poems. I joined East Midlands writing group.. more..

Writing
Way Way

A Story by Allan


Lamp-Post Lamp-Post

A Story by Allan


Vicky. Vicky.

A Screenplay by Allan