Way

Way

A Story by Allan
"

Hot Pen Challenge - We were asked to create a piece using the word 'Way' in 10 minutes.

"

Hot Pen Challenge: To create a piece of flash fiction in 10 minutes using the word: 'Way'.



Way


© Allan Shipham 2014





I told you it was left.”

You never told me left, you told me it wasn't right!”

Why did you take this road?”

Well, it wasn't right was it?”

They'd started arguing again, it was uncomfortable, but you didn't want to interrupt in case you were dragged in.

You always do this!”

What?”

You have two options, but you always take a third.”

You're the one to talk, you said 'it wasn't right' and then you moan at me when I go straight on.”

Always the same. Left it to the last minute...”

There seemed to be a smirk on his face, he appeared to be enjoying the exchange.

You do this every time, so what way should we have gone?”

Left of course!”

Then why didn't you say 'Left!' then?”

I didn't want you to turn right.”

So, what do we do next?”

Turn right at the next, then right, right again and then left back onto this road, we can then go back to the roundabout!”

You sure?”

Yes.”

And at the roundabout?”

Right!”

Right?”

Yes. We're pointing the other way now. This time right is where we should be heading, then we will reach our destination.”

The other grown-ups looked on in disbelief as Tony and Cheryl seemed to repeat a real argument while the children innocently passed the parcel. What a good idea, introducing the new rule, that when someone says 'left' you pass to the left, and when someone says 'right' you pass to the right.




© 2014 Allan


Author's Note

Allan
A tough one to create under pressure

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is hilariously too true to life. I've experienced similar exchanges myself.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Added on August 13, 2014
Last Updated on August 13, 2014
Tags: Driving, Argument, Party

Author

Allan
Allan

Wellingborough, Non-U.S./Canadian, United Kingdom



About
I am someone with a lot of life experience. I have been working on several projects: a murder mystery, a gritty biography about my job as a teacher and some poems. I joined East Midlands writing group.. more..

Writing
Lamp-Post Lamp-Post

A Story by Allan


Vicky. Vicky.

A Screenplay by Allan


Hell. Hell.

A Poem by Allan