The Ride

The Ride

A Chapter by Allie-Shea

The night sky fell over the campus quickly. Milo had vanished from the dorm long ago, and I was simply sitting in the small room reading alone with thoughts of earlier events. “He’s in here!” I could hear Milo’s voice ring out. I was silent, whatever was about to happen...I could almost count on not being happy with it.

“Really?” a new voice replied.

“Yeah, he’s been in here since I went to find Tyler,” Milo tried to whisper, though his low voice simply projected the whisper. Moments later Milo pushed the door open as if he was making a grand entrance. He had a wild grin plastered on his face. 

“What are you doing?” I asked with an unamused expression. Milo didn’t answer, he walked towards me took the book from my hands, closed it, then pushed his friend in my direction. 

Studying his friend’s features the man was shorter about 5”9 or 5”10. He had shaggy brown hair that was short and some what pushed up in the front, along with a shabby beard that was trimmed and clean. Not really long, but not patchy either. He had light brown eyes and a built frame. His clothing was similar to Milo’s, he had on a red and tan plaided flannel shirt with a white t-shirt on underneath it, torn jeans, and Converse. He had a few bracelets on his right wrist and a black handkerchief hanging from his back pocket. He scanned me just I scanned him, his scent was both musky and smokey. In all the guy seemed harmless.

“Tony, this is Adrian,” Milo introduced us calmly. I held out a hand politely for Adrian to shake. Though I was only greeted with a vacant gaze.

“Hey,” he said with a head nod. I blinked in a bit of confusion of the man’s awkward greeting. Finally, Milo soon began to run his mouth again saving me from the awkward introduction.

“We’re getting ready for tonight. Best wear something that’s not ‘nice’, Tony,” Milo said while rummaging through his closet. I didn’t understand what his idea of something what ‘wasn’t nice’ really was, because he simply threw a black hoodie on over his clothes and looked at me, before handing Adrian a green hoodie that had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the back of it and TMNT written in bold letting on the front. 

“Thanks man! I was looking for this,” Adrian exclaimed while zipping up his jacket. 


 I continued to watch them as they chattered like girls, until Milo’s deep brown eyes flashed a glance towards me, “Tony! Get a hoodie on and lets go!” he said swiftly. 

I sighed he answered my question; apparently his idea of something ‘not nice’ was a hoodie. Part of me felt like I should’ve know that.

Without question I followed Milo’s orders like clockwork. As if it would have been foolish to ask him a sensible question like “Where are we going?” though I did honestly want to ask, it was pointless to even think of such a thing. Standing up I put on a gray hoodie with a logo from some high end store- it was a gift from the psychotic Lisa who carried a dull name. I mean I wasn’t going to throw out nice clothes just because someone who was too much like a stalker gave it to me. 


Milo and Adrian eyed my outfit for several minutes before flashing a glance at each other.

“Okay hotshot, let’s go,” Milo said quickly, “We still have to retrieve Tyler,” he added while Adrian walked out after him.

Their stare bothered me, honestly, but I wasn’t going to be that guy; you know the one that let everything get to him, and made sure everyone knew it. No, I refused to be that guy. So, instead I sucked up my pride and moved on. 


We were walking through the halls and nothing was heard. Everything seemed dead in the darkness of the room. Each eerie foot step made by the three of us echoed in the seemingly long halls.  Milo lead us quietly to another door. He knocked on it lightly. Another man with dark black hair. I was now catching on to the appearances of this group. 

KiKi who was seeming like the ring leader was the blonde- she stood out from the group of boys with brown to black hair. The boys all looked the same, in their own way. He didn’t say much to anyone as he stepped out of the room. He was about three inches shorter than Milo. He had bold green eyes and an angry expression.

“What’s wrong?” Milo asked. The man didn’t say a word he only shook his head. His dark hair followed with his shake of the head. Milo simply nodded and continued to walk off. No introduction? I guess that should’ve been expected. 

Adrian slowed down and whispered to me, “That’s Tyler...if you didn’t already put two and two together,” he said softly.

Looking over at him I replied, “Yeah...I figured. So...where are we going? Seriously,” I asked. 

Adrian looked at me and smiled, “There’s nothing exciting about knowing...it’s all about the wondering,” he responded quickly then waltzed back up next to Tyler and Milo who walked in pure silence. They guided me down several flights of stairs then out the school doors. The summer air was warm but not uncomfortably hot. Which was why I assumed the hoodies were appropriate articles of clothing for this unexplained journey. 

They guided me to the school parking lot where I could see the small blonde standing with another girl. About two inches shorter than her and shorter dark brown hair. Large glasses and almost matching eyes. I assumed this was KiKi’s best friend. Her friend had a cigarette in her mouth and was dressed to match KiKi somewhat. “Hey!” KiKi yelled while waving. The boys waved back and continued to walk toward her

She was wearing her blue jean jeggings and slip on shoes that looked like ‘boat shoes’ in away. She had on two loose tank tops and her hair seemed a bit crazy. Her friend had on some looser jeans and a simple magenta v-neck. They both wore a ton of bracelets and necklaces. She smiled again and their dark silhouettes were shadowed in the dim lighting of the parking lot. KiKi looked at me and smiled, “Hey, Anthony!” her voice rang like an angel.

I praised the dark sky momentarily as it masked my pink shaded cheeks, “H-hey,” I stuttered.

She laughed softly, “This is Mae,” she introduced us. Mae smiled and said the casual hello and I mocked her movements. The awkwardness set in as neither of us really knew what to say, KiKi saved us from the weirdness and looked directly at Milo.

“Are we going or not?” she spat like a diva waiting for her show to begin.

Milo smiled, “Yeah, who’s car are we taking? Yours?” he asked. KiKi glared at him for a moment and looked at Mae who also flashed him an annoyed look.

“No. I don’t want my car smelling like smoke,” she hissed. 

Milo laughed again leaving me dumbfounded, I didn’t see anything funny about that hostile statement.

“Fine. Fine. We’ll take mine,” he said with a sly smirk. 

I couldn’t take it anymore I just had to know...I had to ask, “Where are we going?” I belted out. Milo and Tyler smiled at me as they started to walk to his vehicle. That wasn’t even an answer, I crossed my arms, “Tell me now...or I’m not going,” I spat.

KiKi walked past me with Mae and ran her slender hand over my shoulder, “Don’t be so up tight, Anthony...chill out,” she breathed in an alluring tone. The three boys looked back with a mocking grin and I frowned. Something about her made me completely change my mood.

“Fine,” I mumbled while following the group. KiKi smiled seductively and then found her way to the front of the group. She carried flawless features and white pearls that sparkled in the low light. I watched as she walked away...my eyes wondered like any normal man’s would. They focused on her a*s, and her a*s only. 

“Eh-hum,” was heard followed by a snap of the fingers as Tyler looked at me with a seriously dark grin. My face again flushed a cherry red as I reverted my eyes to the back of Milo’s head. How embarrassing... I thought while bitting my lip. 

We reached Milo’s black Chrysler that was four doors and held two people in the front and three people in the back if we didn’t use seat belts. There were six of us...what was he expecting us all to do?

“I call shot gun!” Tyler said aloud.

“No! I call it!” Adrian argued. The boys fought aimlessly until Milo explained Tyler called it first. The mini cat fight ended as soon before it could truly even start.

Milo climbed into the driver’s seat and Tyler in the passengers seat. Next KiKi and Mae, then Adrian. I was of course last to get in, and was smashed next to Adrian who smelled a hell of a lot like a bag of weed and tobacco...in fact the entire car smelled stronger than an ash tray. Milo looked in the back and smirked, “Still want to take my car, kid?” he said while looking at KiKi. She frowned, “Yeah. Now can we go? Or do you just wanna sit there and bullshit some more, Milo,” she hissed in that same acid filled tone.

Milo smiled back, “Yeah, yeah. Chill out KiKi,” he said while starting up the car. Music suddenly blared from the speakers and he spun out of the parking lot. “Seat belts,” he said while strapping himself in. I didn’t expect him to really be a seatbelt kind of guy honestly. Tyler strapped himself, the girls shared a belt, while I managed to strapped myself in as well. 

Adrian paused, “I’ll die if we crash. No worries,” he said in a semi-sarcastic tone.


The drive was long and uncomfortable. The three boys randomly pulled out cigarettes and would smoke periodically. The windows were down and everything was hitting me in the face. I’m gonna puke. I thought while holding my stomach. The idea of puking was embarrassing in itself...but the act of puking would be like asking for eternal humiliation...and both of those thoughts were anything but desired.


What would KiKi think if I threw up due to the sickening smells that danced in the car? How weak would she assume me to be? She sat with the smoke blowing in her face, and she wasn’t even reacting? Would she think I was even more weird now, if I threw up? No, vomit is not going to happen. Besides KiKi...everyone else...everyone...they’d tell people...I’d be known as the weird kid that threw up in his car. My mind was set no matter how much of an uncomfortable struggle it’d be, I’d ignore the vomit. Hell! I’d even try a cigarette if they chose to offer. I didn’t want to be the odd man out.

“Ugh,” I heard KiKi sigh as she looked at her cellphone practically flashing daggers at it with her eyes. The phone was small and black with a purple back. A Nokia Twist from the looks of it. She showed the phone to Mae and then she too glared at it. Adrian looked at the two and shook his head. All of this left me utterly confused.

“You two fight a lot,” he said.

“So?” her voice rang out sharply.

“It’s not natural. Fighting isn’t all that should happen in a relationship,” Adrian looked at Tyler who nodded. I noticed Milo’s hands tighten on the wheel and his teeth clench together has he lowered into the seat, pressing the gas petal a bit harder increasing the speed of the car.

“We like fighting,” she mumbled. The car moved a little faster now.

“Yeah, that’s why you have that really pissed off facial expression,” Tyler added while looking at her through the mirror. Milo now cleared his throat and we had to have been going about eighty now. What was going on? I finally made the bold decision to speak up.

“What are you guys talking about? What’s wrong?” my voice called out. Mae and Adrian looked at me slightly shocked. Adrian took a breath and leaned back, followed by Mae. 

KiKi’s stunning blue eyes narrowed in on me, “My boyfriend,” she spat. Her words stung as she added a special icy feel to each word that crawled over her lips. I shivered a little as they hit so hard. Adrian looked at me and chuckled. While Mae lowered her eyes to the floor.

“What’s he doing?” why was I even asking these personal questions. Shouldn’t the vast mood change of the car  have been a severe warning that I might have just opened Pandora’s Box?

“Being an a*****e. He’s upset I’m going out tonight,” she said while shutting her phone and stuffing it in her pocket, “He thinks I’m gonna do something stupid and he’s mad I’m hanging out with guys...basically he doesn’t like most of my friends,” she added while now staring out the window.

The car felt like it was flying now and everyone was quiet. So quiet I didn’t even feel comfortable enough to reply. The anger on her face seemed so unnatural...yet still stunningly beautiful in it’s own fucked up way. Mae looked at KiKi then back at me, it was a darker look. Clearly, she was irritated that I asked, and to be honest I was a tad irritated with myself for asking too. KiKi didn’t speak the rest of the ride, which was shorter now that Milo has been racing his own emotions in the car.


Suddenly, Milo’s foot stomped the break and we all jerked forward. Adrian flew forward slightly smacking his face off the corner of Tyler’s seat. I watched as Milo turned the car off and got out, quickly dipping into the pack of cigarettes he held in his pocket. Tyler sighed and said with a sarcastic ring, “We’re here, children,” he then got out of the car and stood by Milo in utter taciturnity.

Adrian looked at me and sighed, “You gettin’ out?” he asked. Just as he spoke a door slammed and I looked up to see the pint sized beauty that was much like a growing wild fire slam the door leaving Mae in the car. Adrian looked at me, “Don’t mind, KiKi...she’ll cool off. This is a...well...a usual occurrence for her,” he said as though this was a healthy every day thing. Clearly, it wasn’t. Mae quickly crawled out of the car and ran after KiKi. 

Adrian frowned, “Listen, are you getting out of the car or not?” he spat now crossing his arms. Reluctantly I pulled myself out of the nauseating vehicle and looked around. Where the hell were we now? 

Milo looked up at me and said while smoke escaped into the air from his lips, “We’re at the old factory. The place was ditched a long while back. It close to the woods and a rivers...plus. It’s kinda creepy; we have a knack for...eerie and creepy s**t,” he said while a small smirk as if he could read my mind. Tyler who hadn’t said much to me simply nodded. Adrian walked over and grabbed himself a cigarette as well. Where’d the girls go? I wondered while walking over to the men who reminded me of smoke stacks. 

“I see...so...why are we here?” I asked.

Tyler smiled now, “Because...we go here a lot. It’s kind of like...our hang out. The three of us, it’s a nice place to smoke. For KiKi, it’s a safe place. Where she can come to “defrag” her mind of all the s**t she’s put through. Adrian to get high as hell. Milo...well...he just comes here, and I come to enjoy a little bit of it all. I’m sure there’s something for you too, kid,” he said with a smile that was rather sly.

Milo looked at me, “Want one?” he asked offering me a cigarette. I looked around, KiKi wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

“No, thanks,” I managed to get out before my mind made a sharp turn and changed the words into Yes, please. Once more I was quick on my feet with my own thoughts.

“Okay then,” he said while inhaling another long drag. My eyes began to scan everything. The place was no doubt very otherworldly, it felt almost as if ghosts floated aimlessly around my weakened body.


“F**k you!” I heard a female voice scream. It startled me enough to cause a small flinch to bolt from my body.


“What the hell?” I said aloud.

Milo looked rather annoyed again, Tyler spoke for him, “That would be KiKi. Probably on the phone with him,” he mumbled.

“Her boyfriend?” I had to ask.

“Yeah...her ‘boyfriend’...if that’s what you call a man like that,” Tyler said sharply.  I was confused and was about to ask what he meant when Milo cut in.

“Enough talking, Tyler...we have stuff to do. Adrian you coming?” He asked. Adrian nodded then Milo looked directly at me, “What about you? Or do you wanna keep an eye on the girls for us?” he said in a questionable tone.

“Uh...I’ll...um-” didn’t matter what I chose to do, because once more Milo called the shots.

“Thanks...and...make sure KiKi stays out of trouble,” he said with a smirk and walked away. I sighed and watched the three walk into the building. When they were out of sight the creepy feeling that I was being watched fell over me. 

The empty lot with cracked pavement, weeds growing from the crevasses of the ground, and only one car (Milo’s of course) sitting in it. The moon danced down lighting a small path for me. Now, to find KiKi and Mae... the task was seemingly more difficult than what I thought it should’ve been.



© 2012 Allie-Shea


Author's Note

Allie-Shea
Please ignore any/all grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: love, romance, students, college, fight, angst, drama, hatred, new school, new kid, student, learning, blood, battle, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, young love, sex, teen, adults, crime, murder, illegal


Author

Allie-Shea
Allie-Shea

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Your average college student I suppose. Studying creative writing and fine arts. more..

Writing
Camera Camera

A Story by Allie-Shea


Below Below

A Story by Allie-Shea