It's Been A While Miss America

It's Been A While Miss America

A Chapter by Allie-Shea

The drive seemed to drag out as my clouded and dysfunctional mind reminded me of every single mistake I had ever made...ever. Though, nothing seemed to seem as terrible as what I said to Alaska. 


Honestly, I couldn’t even picture what expression was on that sweet face of her’s...actually I don’t think I even wanted to. 


Pulling into the Walmart parking lot I let my dark sad eyes look around before I got out of the car. Locking it I hooked the keys onto my belt loop and sauntered into the store. 

I grabbed a shopping cart and looked at the list in front of me. Focusing on only that. “Vanilla soy milk,” I repeated softly. Walking to the back of the store to the dairy products I grabbed the carton and placed it into the gray cart. “Cheerios,” I now said and pushed the cart to that isle. While off in my stressed out daze I bumped into someone. “Sorry,” I said in a hollow tone while. 


A soft voice spoke up and pulled my attention. 

“Tony?” the girl said in slight shock. When I turned around I saw her. The all American girl. Brown hair, brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, very plain, but attractive none the least. “Emily?” I questioned. It had been a while since I saw her she called me a lot, but usually I was too busy or tired to answer. 


She smiled warmly and pulled me into a strawberry scented hug. Her brown eyes lit up with a spark of happiness and she laughed, “Where’ve you been! We haven’t talked in forever!” she chimed. I wasn’t sure what to reply with. Everything that was the truth was terrible in far too many different ways. 


I was ignoring your calls, Emily. Why? Oh, because that girl, you know Alaska, hates you...and well...I’m pretty sure I love the b***h. 


Or maybe this sounded better: 


Eh...you know getting beat up by everyone. Hanging out with the wrong group of people. Getting lung cancer from second hand smoke. Oh, and most importantly...chasing after a girl that several other guys are chasing after as well. Here’s the catch to that last one, so way out of my league. 


Without a doubt saying anything even along those lines was an absolute no. She looked at me waiting for an answer. Standing there awkwardly I put a box of whole grain cereal into the cart and replied, “Studying really. Staying out of trouble and trying to not get killed.”


She laughed for a moment assuming that I was joking, but the serious expression on my face told her everything. 


I was not joking. 


One the silence took over and filled the gap between me and Miss America I turned around and went on my way. The next item on the list was the fruit infused granola bars. Just as I was about to go to the next isle I felt a sharp jerk on my right shoulder as a small hand gripped it and pulled me back. Turning around I saw Emily’s deeply frustrated brown eyes staring right at me, “Meet me in the school parking lot at 4:30...try not to be late,” she whispered then sauntered away.



© 2012 Allie-Shea


Author's Note

Allie-Shea
Please ignore any spelling or grammar mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: love, romance, students, college, fight, angst, drama, hatred, new school, new kid, student, learning, blood, battle, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, young love, sex, teen, adults, crime, murder, illegal


Author

Allie-Shea
Allie-Shea

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Your average college student I suppose. Studying creative writing and fine arts. more..

Writing
Camera Camera

A Story by Allie-Shea


Below Below

A Story by Allie-Shea