Crisp

Crisp

A Story by Allie-Shea
"

When she wakes up and he's still not home her heart begins to break as she wishes things could be easier for them again. She then questions if they are truly in love.

"

The crisp air that I breathed in that early morning was comforting; tasteful almost. When I turned back around from the balcony I now stood on I saw his beautiful sleeping face. He stirred a little in his slumber as he felt the emptiness of where I use to rest. I smiled softly before find my way to his kitchen and began to brew a cup of coffee. He wasn’t a fan of coffee, but he knew I liked it. Which was why he selflessly bought the single cup coffee maker for me. Sitting at the table and grabbing the book that I left there the night before, I opened it and began to pick up reading where I had left off.


It was a peaceful morning, there wasn’t any noise coming from the opened window except the chirps of the spring birds that had finally returned. Maybe that’s what it was…spring. At the point…all at once, he and I were hopelessly in love. I could now hear foot steps from the room above and then I heard the water run from the bathroom upstairs. My coffee had finished and I happily took my warm cup of coffee and doctored it with sweetener and such then took the first sip. Walking down the stairs now he could easily see me. “Morning,” he chimed while kissing my cheek happily.


I watched as he rummaged through the fridge until he pulled out the carton of orange juice and then put two slices of toast in the toaster. It was silent, and for once I didn’t mind. This was what I had been waiting so long for. This was my sanctuary that I had sought out for years. Finally, this was all mine….finally, we were happy. He must’ve knew that I was deep in thought again, because I reflected on my thoughts I had in the past his arms wrapped around me. His lips brushed against my neck passionately, then he whispered in my ear softly, “Wake up.”


My eyes flashed open and I looked around the room. 


It was dark. 


Once again, he wasn’t home. I glanced at the little black digital clock I had resting on my night stand and it had just hit two in the morning. He was out with his friends again, doing whatever he was known to do. Whatever he was known for that I didn’t know about of course. Tucked under my arm was my little kitten who was sleeping soundly. He was happy at least. I stroked his fur then moved my hand under my pillow in attempt to get comfortable enough to fall back asleep.


When my hand moved though, a small piece of paper that for some reason was under my pillow had gave me a paper cut. “Ow,” I mumbled while now grabbing my phone that I kept under my pillow to use as a source of light to inspect the paper. I chose not to turn on the lamp in fear of waking my kitten. 


One the paper was a small note that was hand written in a familiar style. 


This was his handwriting.


The note read: “If you’re reading this and I’m not home yet…I love you. I want you to know I’ll be back soon, and I have something planned for us.” I half smiled as I read the sweet note and my frustrations with him being gone so late seemed to vanish. 


At this point…all at once he and I were hopelessly in love.

© 2012 Allie-Shea


Author's Note

Allie-Shea
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012
Tags: love, romance, students, college, fight, angst, drama, hatred, new school, new kid, student, learning, blood, battle, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, young love, sex, teen, adults, fighting, animals

Author

Allie-Shea
Allie-Shea

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Your average college student I suppose. Studying creative writing and fine arts. more..

Writing
Camera Camera

A Story by Allie-Shea


Below Below

A Story by Allie-Shea