26. Torture

26. Torture

A Chapter by halflives
"

This is going to be a zero-spazzing chapter. It's kind of grusome...

"

*In Maine*

 

*I wake up. My shoulder and foot wound and patched up to some extent, and my body is sore from being dragged. I’m chained to a bed without a mattress. Across the room, Amelia is asleep on a bed WITH a mattress, also chained. My heart pounds, and I know what I wished for has come true. But this doesn’t make me any happier*

 

Me: Amelia!

 

Amelia: *stirs* O-Olivia?

 

Me: Amelia, wake up!

 

Amelia: *looks around fearfully, awake* W-where are we?

 

Me: I was just going to ask you the same thing.

 

Amelia: …Oh my God.

 

Me: What? What is it? *winces, in pain*

 

Amelia: Derek’s taken us to the warehouse.

 

Me: What warehouse?

 

Amelia: The warehouse. It’s near the school. There was a rumor that dead bodies rotted in here. Because of this, no one ever dared to go anywhere near it.

 

Me: The perfect hiding spot… No interruptions, no nothing. *I go to search my pockets for my cell, but my coat has been stripped and is hanging on a chair all the way across the room* Perfect, just perfect…

 

Derek’s Voice: You won’t be calling any of your friends from the FBI very soon…

 

Me: HOLY PUMPKINS!

 

*Derek, like a bad cliché, emerges from the shadows. He’s holding a knife in his hand, along with something that resembles a flat whip*

 

Derek: I’ve missed those cute little noises.

 

Me: H-how long has it been?

 

Derek: Almost two hours.

 

Me: *sighs* So I haven’t been gone that long…

 

Derek: No, you haven’t. But you’re planning on staying with me, right?

 

Me: Of course… not.

 

Derek: *hits me with the flat whip*

 

Me: *gasps*

 

Derek: So cute. *turns to Amelia* Good morning, darling.

 

Me: Oh, so SHE gets a good morning.

 

Derek: I’m in love with her.

 

Me: OF COURSE you are.

 

Amelia: Derek, let Olivia go. You can keep me. Just let her go.

 

Derek: Actually, I’m going to be killing you, and torturing Olivia for the rest of her days.

 

Amelia: She won’t survive!

 

Derek: *chuckles* to the end of her days…

 

Me: You sick, sick b*****d…

 

Derek: Isn’t that what you study? SSA Olivia Smith from the BAU?

 

Me: So you looked me up?

 

Derek: Oh, I did so much more than that. I found out that you used to work at Torchwood. It’s top secret, yes?

 

Me: *doesn’t answer*

 

Derek: *slides the blade beneath my chin* So why don’t you tell me about it?

 

Me: *winces from the pain. Blood is dripping down from the wound, staining my pants* It’s top secret, remember?

 

Derek: I have a VERY good memory. *licks the blood off the blade*

 

Me: Now that’s just disgusting.

 

Derek: Yum.

 

Amelia: Please, Derek! You can do whatever you want to me, just let Olivia go!

 

Derek: Oh, I think I’m going to do the opposite.

 

Amelia: What?!

 

Derek: There’s a train station nearby. I’ll drop Amelia down by the tracks, and Olivia, I think I’ll keep you for a little while.

 

Me: There’ll be nothing left for you to love.

 

Derek: I’ve moved on.

 

Me: That’s physically impossible. An obsessed--

 

Derek: I DON’T WANT ANY OF YOUR TECHNICAL BABBLE!

 

Me: *shuts up*

 

Derek: No, I want you to scream. *slides the blade down the side of my face, puncturing about a millimeter of flesh*

 

Me: *cries out in pain* You can’t do that! You can’t change!

 

Derek: *kisses the top of my head* You made me change.

 

Me: YOU FREAK! *pushes him away*

 

Derek: *laughs* You know you want me. Amelia is already getting jealous.

 

Amelia: *begins breakdown* WHAT?!

 

Derek: You want me to get rid of her so you could have me all to yourself.

 

Amelia: It’s you that wants me!!

 

Me: Derek. *he faces me* Let. Amelia. Go.

 

Derek: Or what?

 

Me: Or… Uh…

 

Derek: Exactly. *grins*

 

Amelia: Derek, please. You killed all those people for me. You love me.

 

Derek: Not anymore.

 

Me: But you can’t do that! You can’t change your obsession!

 

Derek: Maybe I’m not an obsessed.

 

Me: *gets it* You’re not obsessed. You’re intimately inspired.

 

Derek: I’m WHAT?

 

Me: You’re a poet, yeah? *he nods* You get inspiration from Amelia. So you think you’re in love with her. But you’re not.

 

Derek: I’m not?

 

Amelia: He’s not?

 

Me: No. It’s a illusion. You convinced yourself that you’re in love with her to make an excuse for wanting her so badly. You don’t want to admit to yourself that she’s only a object of your writing obsession. A insubstantial thing is your true love.

 

Derek: Shut up!

 

Me: And now I’m the object of your inspiration. That’s why you want me to stay. Being a writer myself…

 

Derek: You’re a writer?

 

Me: Yes, so I understand how addicting it is. To write is to create whole other worlds under your control. To write is the ultimate power one can have without obtaining true dominance.

 

Derek: Yes, you understand!

 

Me: I do. But Derek, is it really worth it? The murders?

 

Derek: Yes. Yes, all of it.

 

Me: *pain envelops me and I cry out*

 

Amelia: Olivia!

 

Derek: You sound so cute when you’re in pain. I’ll write a poem about how it makes me feel… How you sound…

 

Me: You son of a-- *I don’t get to finish. He cuts me again, in multiple places along my arm. I scream*

 

Derek: There we go!

 

Me: You…

 

Derek: *shoots me*

 

Me: *collapses*



© 2011 halflives


Author's Note

halflives
There, Mushroom. Pumpkins.
Thoughts? The next case will be Jos-centric, since she was being amazing today. Since the first case was partly Mushroom-centric.
I know the condition that Derek has isn't really logical, but I made it up. So deal wit it :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG... I like his condition xD

Posted 12 Years Ago


YES I WAS AMAZING TODAY! *does a happy dance*
And this was a very intense piece. Like, amazingly intense. YOU NEED TO WRITE MORE!

Posted 12 Years Ago


DANG NABIT THAT'S INTENNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Write more, por favor?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

738 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011

Liv's Crazy Character Conversations


Author

halflives
halflives

wolf's trap



About
❝when you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. someone better. when that person is taken from you, what do you become then?❞ hi i'm olivi.. more..

Writing
[author's note] [author's note]

A Chapter by halflives


blood [tobias] blood [tobias]

A Chapter by halflives