Truth

Truth

A Poem by Spirit
"

This poem is about the unending fight for the truth about life and our purpose. Will we ever truly know?

"

Is the truth out there?

Is it really?

They say that it is…

That we just haven’t found it yet,

But will we ever?                        

Will we ever unearth why we’re here,

What our purpose may be…

Will we ever reveal the mysteries of this great planet,

And what awaits us in the beyond?

Is there an answer?

Buried deep, lying idly, and awaiting some chosen being to make the discovery,

And bring real, undeniable truth to the people of this world…

Imagine being freed from the fallacies and false hopes that are preached,

Day after day…

Hopes that we have a purpose, that someone recognizes us, loves us regardless, and will be awaiting our arrival with arms wide open when we take the leap at the cessation of our journey…

Can it be?

Maybe there is no answer.

Maybe this is all just a result of circumstances that pieced together to create such magnificence just at the right moment.

So why do we spend our days lamenting over minute things?

Can you not comprehend how incredible this all is!

That we’re here, that the sun shines, that all the things we need have been provided…

That everyday everything is set right once again so we can have one more day in existence…

We need to be grateful.

Grateful for the good, the bad, the beauty, the sorrow,

For everything…

We need to make the best of our times of trials and defeat as we do in times of splendor and triumph…

For time for us is not definite, not infinite.

Embrace it now,

For even though brutal hell may be present, it will fade…

Take those times and allow strength and courage to bloom,

To flourish, and to mold you not into the image of someone else,

But into the person you need to be.

So although the world may be vast, your path may be rugged, and the answers we ravenously crave may be eternally unknown…

May you acknowledge this…

And carry on fearlessly in this exquisite labyrinth,

As though there is only sun, sky, and this day.

Nothing more.

© 2015 Spirit


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

if you ask the universe the answers will come - that's what my dad used to tell me when I was a kid - took me forever to finally grasp it but when I did everything became much more clear :)

Nice words you have flowing here - I would perhaps suggest you watch the length of the lines as it does not give one a chance to breathe X

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spirit

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and the advice! It's greatly appreciated :)



Reviews

Very thoughtful about how we search for the truth and a reason for being out there when all we must do is look to ourselves in the place we are. The poem did leave me breathless, maybe slow it down a bit so the reader can catch more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It seems incredibly drag for a poem. That is okay though. You're putting forth effort from what I see, and it pays off. This piece would particularly be better as narrative, or possibly a speech to move people. In my opinion, this kind of tone and writing style does not suit poetry so much as it does for a narrative. The ides was really good though, and that deserves props. Is the truth really out there though? I mean, truth isn't always apparent. Sometimes it may not even exist. Sometimes everything is a lie, or even a brutal truth.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

if you ask the universe the answers will come - that's what my dad used to tell me when I was a kid - took me forever to finally grasp it but when I did everything became much more clear :)

Nice words you have flowing here - I would perhaps suggest you watch the length of the lines as it does not give one a chance to breathe X

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spirit

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and the advice! It's greatly appreciated :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 11, 2015
Tags: truth, life, purpose, discovering, hope, strength, gratitude, today

Author

Spirit
Spirit

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by Spirit


The Poison The Poison

A Poem by Spirit