Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Laura Lovelace

Laura Lovelace

A Story by Aloriah Fray
"

My description of the character Laura Lovelace for the Create a Character contest.

"
What do you know about this character now that s/he doesn’t yet know? That she is softer at heart than she believes herself to be.

What is this character’s greatest flaw? Her weakness when it comes to love.

What do you know about this character that s/he would never admit? That she wishes she were human (she is a vampire)

What is this character’s greatest asset? Her ability to remove herself from her emotions while she hunts

If this character could choose a different identity, who would s/he be? She would be a human woman living a normal life.

What music does this character sing to himself when no one else is around? She hums a lot of Mozart. She is a big fan of classical music.

In what or whom does this character have the greatest faith? She only has faith in the hunt and in her maker; they are all she has left.

What is this character’s favorite movie? She is very fond of old black and white romance movies, but she does not have a particular favorite.

Does this character have a favorite article of clothing? Favorite shoes? She loves her leather jacket. No one messes with the jacket.

Does this character have a vice? Blood...and woman.

      What is this character’s proudest achievement? Graduating high     school before becoming a vampire, even though she can't put it to use now. 

Describe this character’s most embarrassing moment. When she was first turned, her hunger got the best of her and she drank the blood of a rat; after that she caved in and started feeding from humans, because her maker claimed she was weak.

What is this character’s deepest regret? Going to the party where she met her maker.

What is this character’s greatest fear? Living forever and losing everyone she loves

Describe this character’s most devastating moment. When she realized that she would never be able to see her family again. She nearly fed on her sister when she tried.

What is this character’s greatest hope? That she won't have to spend eternity alone.

Does this character have an obsession? Name it. She is very fond of woman and she will only feed off of them. She thinks their blood is sweeter

What is this character’s greatest disappointment? When her maker left her alone to fend for herself.

What is this character’s worst nightmare? The death of her maker; as much as she hates him for his cruelty, she loves him still.

Whom does this character most wish to please? Why? Her maker. He is like a father to her in a sense and wants him to be proud of her.

Describe this character’s mother. Her mother is very strict and a devout Christian who rejected her when she found out what she was.

Describe this character’s father. Her father is a writer who spends most of his time away, writing in his lake cottage. She was very close to him and usually went to the cottage with him.

If s/he had to choose, with whom would this character prefer to live? She would prefer to live with her father.

Where does this character fall in birth order? What effect does this have? She is an only child, which causes her cocky attitude. She feels like she can take life by the horns most of the time, because she isn't used to having to share or be overshadowed.

Describe this character’s siblings or other close relatives. Her father was the only relative she was close to. He was a very eccentric and caring man.

Describe this character’s bedroom. Include three cherished items. She does not have a bedroom anymore. She prefers to sleep in the ground and has sworn off of material items for the most part; they only slow her down.

What is this character’s birth date? How does this character manifest traits of his/her astrological sign? She is a Pisces and therefore is a slave to her emotions, no matter how she tries to master them.

If this character had to live in seclusion for six months, what six items would s/he bring? Her clothes, a coffin, and maybe a good book to read.

Why is this character angry? Her life was stolen from her against her will.

What calms this character? Classical music, particularly Mozart or Vivaldi.

List the choices (not circumstances) that led this character to his/her current predicament. She chose to sneak out and go to a party without her mother's permission and in turn met her maker.

List the circumstances over which this character has no control. She cannot control her thirst for blood, her sexuality, or the fact she has no family left that she can see.

What wakes this character in the middle of the day? Thoughts of her father and sister.

How would a stranger describe this character? Strong, tall, beautiful, unique, and sassy

What does this character resolve to do differently every morning? She says she will meet more vampires and try to accept the life she has now.

Who depends on this character? Why? A human girl named Clare, whose life in endangered by Laura's maker.

If this character knew s/he had exactly one month to live, what would s/he do? She would go see her family.

How would a dear friend or relative describe this character? Caring, independent, beautiful, resilient

What is this character’s most noticeable physical attribute? Her perfect skin

What is this character hiding from him/herself? That she is still partially human.

© 2011 Aloriah Fray


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on June 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2011

Author

Aloriah Fray
Aloriah Fray

Bronson, MI



About
Hello. :) I joined WritersCafe.com because writing is my passion and I love to share it with others. I am currently working on a series of books that I hope to someday publish. Other than writing I lo.. more..

Writing