Liar

Liar

A Poem by Kar
"

Inspired by What's Up with Love? 2 (Ada Apa dengan Cinta? 2)

"
"Treat all your words like promises," my mother said when I was merely a dumb child, not even able to differenciate left and right yet. It was an advice I couldn't comprehend, as a young boy. "What you say reflects who you are."

They do, and I am a liar.

When I left you for the first time, I whispered to you in private, "We will make this work, I promise." You believed me with all your heart, I saw in your eyes, the way they gleamed, how they smiled warmly. Cautious, but trusting.

When you came to visit me for the first time, I said, "I love you, and nothing will ever get between us. I will not let it."

I am sorry. I apologise. I made a mistake. I am a liar.
Because I let something get between us, break us apart. My mind.

For once, I listened to my conscience, and I made a horrendous mistake.

A mistake that lasted through hundreds and thousands of full moons.

False hope that flew you to the brightest stars. And then down, down you went.

Love, a constant state of pleasure and fantasy. A privilege. An opportunity.

"Treat all your words like promises," my mother said when I was merely a dumb child, when I couldn't even say 'promise' correctly yet. "What you say reflects who you are."

They really do, and I am a foolish boy who thinks with his heart too often that when he thinks with something other than it, his life crumbles. I am a foolish boy, and my life is you.

© 2016 Kar


Author's Note

Kar
I'm very new to writing prose poems, so if you could give me critics on this, I would be thankful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on April 29, 2016
Last Updated on April 29, 2016
Tags: romance, fiction, whatsupwithlove, adaapadengancinta, indonesia, indonesian

Author

Kar
Kar

Indonesia