Cluttered

Cluttered

A Poem by Lauren Beth

You are consumed.
Your mind is cluttered.
There is no room it seems,
For me.

You are frenzied.
Your world a vortex.
There is no space it appears,
For me.

You are obsessive.
Your thoughts focused.
There is nothing left it shows,
For me.

© 2009 Lauren Beth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this one very much. It flows very nicely. I love that it actually made me feel sad while reading it. Great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like this one, I can sense strong emotion.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i really like this poem. its simple, but brilliant. i think your word choice is smooth & perfect, portraying this other person's mind as you are revealing to yourself the brutal truth: that there's no room. a darkly brilliant write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked the rythm to this poem. Beats out a little drum of lonliness. The person who is the beloved is obssessed with themselves and has no ability to return the love. Sad.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a good start and immediately grabs my attention because of the last two lines of every stanza. You have this beating-around-the-bushiness that an english person might use, and it really works to set the tone for the poem. I am a sucker for that kind of stuff.

What I would consider doing to develop this poem a little more is changing up the lines that precede it. it's not that they're bad, it's just that they are off in their own little world and don't have much to do with the last two lines.. thematically they do, but structurally they don't. do you understand what I'm saying? i think I do, but then, I've been known to confuse myself.

i liked this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ouch... to be pushed aside for life little problems is always a shot to the heart... a short piece but damn I could feel the pain.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2009
Last Updated on June 25, 2009

Author

Lauren Beth
Lauren Beth

NJ



About
I enjoy writing poetry, usually just what comes to me. I write for me, it's like just something that I need to get out. Whatever hits me at the moment I start jotting down, on sticky notes, napkins.... more..

Writing
Children Children

A Chapter by Lauren Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..