2. Like Liquid Cobalt

2. Like Liquid Cobalt

A Chapter by LostHannah

       Sienna burst through the door of the house and into the kitchen. She walked into the living room through the door on the left and saw her mother and father watching tv.

       "Sienna, where have you been?" her mom asked, smiling.

       "I was just walking through the forest," Siena answered. "I'm tired. I'm going to bed." She walked up the blue carpet stairs and turned right to the white door to her room. She turned the knob and walked in. She layed down on her bed and fell asleep fast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        When she woke up in the morning and walked downstairs, she saw that her parents had left for work. Sienna ate quickly, went upstairs to get dressed, and decided to go for a walk.

        It was only about 8am, but a few people were already out walking. Sienna headed back out to the forest. Once she was far enough in the forest, she stood by a tree and just looked around. There were a lot of trees, bushes, stuff that should be in a forest. Birds chirped overhead, and squirrels darted up trees.

       "Hello," said a voice behind her.

       Sienna turned around and saw a boy who looked about eighteen. He had dark hair and inky black bangs that hung in his face. His blue eyes were like liquid cobalt.

       "Um, hi," Sienna said.

       "I haven't seen you around much. Are you visiting?" he asked.

       "Uh, no. I just moved here from Las Vegas, actually," she answered.

       He smiled. "Why would anyone leave Vegas for Tremble?" he asked. "I like it, but most people find it very boring."

       "My mom's got family here. She wanted to be close to them, all of a sudden. That's what she says anyway," Sienna said, failing to keep the bitterness out of her voice.

       "You don't sound happy about it," he said.

       "I don't know. I think my parents wanted to move 'cause my boyfriend Damen got in a fight with his friend and put the guy in the hospital," she replied.

       The boy's smile disappeared. "You got a boyfriend back in Sin City," he said.

       "Uh, no, not anymore. I broke up with him when my parents told me we were moving," Sienna said.

       "Why?" he asked.

       "I've read a lot of books. Long-distance relationships usually don't last," she replied.

       He laughed quietly. "I would tell you not to believe everything you read, but, in some cases, a book might be right," the boy said, smiling like he was enjoying a private joke.

       "I don't get it," Sienna said.

       "You ever read a werewolf book?" he asked, switching topics.

       "What? Um, yeah, I have," she answered, not sure how the topic changed so fast.

       "What about vampires?" he asked.

       "Yeah. Why are you so interested in what I read?" Sienna asked.

       "Just wondering," he answered.

       "What's your name?" she asked.

       He looked a little surprised. "Jace," he said finally. "And you are?"

       "Sienna," she replied.

       "Well..." he said. "I'll see you around, Sienna," he said, and walked away.

       What the heck just happened? Sienna asked herself, and started walking home.



© 2010 LostHannah


Author's Note

LostHannah
"She layed down on her bed and fell asleep fast." I know I used the word "layed" and I don't know what word is suppoesed to be used there. So pleez ignore this problem. THNX!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010
Tags: blue, eyes, possible, meet, werewolf, liquid, cobalt, tremble


Author

LostHannah
LostHannah

Seattle, WA



About
I like to read and write (duh). Sometimes i sing but thats just for fun. more..

Writing