Lovers We Will Always Be

Lovers We Will Always Be

A Story by Alyssa Carlstrom

     Rachel walked through the vacant church foyer. She swung her purse to her other shoulder, but stopped cold in her tracks. What she saw tore her heart in two. Anthony was kissing Colleen.
     Anthony and Rachel both liked each other. And Colleen? She was the girl Rachel was jealous of. Not becuase she was kissing Anthony, but because she was beautiful. Rachel's jaw dropped and she simply stood there. How could Anthony do this to her? She thought he really liked her, but... all of that had changed. Anthony had told her that every picture of her was beautiful. That she was graceful. Everything. But things were clearly different now.
     Quinton, Anthony's best friend, walked by and saw what Rachel was staring at. He was in shock also, and he exchanged glances with her. Hurt, Rachel walked away, wiping her tears with her sleeve. Colleen pulled her lips away from Anthony's and said,
"How was that?" her eyes turned to Quinton.
"How long have you been there?" Anthony asked.
"Long enough to see Rachel cry and run away."
"What? She was here?"
Anthony took his hands off of Colleen and jogged down the hall to try and find Rachel.
"Rachel!" he yelled. She was almost to the doors. Except she bit back tears and continued to walk. Anthony had blew it.
"Rachel, please." he came in front of her. His heart broke as soon as he saw the tears crawling down her cheeks.
"Forget it, Anthony." she started to push past him.
"No," he grabbed her arm. "what happened was not okay. Colleen kissed me, I had nothing to do with it." he searched her eyes.
"Yeah, well I'm sure you liked it. Why don't you two go elope if yo're so in love with her."
"No, you don't get it. Never have I regretted those moments you and I shared. Rachel, I didn't even know what love was until I met you."
Her tears were now tears of joy. But was he being truthful? Or was he lying?
"Please. I can't lose you," Anthony pleaded. Desparation covered his face.
     Believe him or walk away? His words grabbed at her heart. If she did walk away, she may never meet someone like him again. Stay and he could break her heart. But that's what love was - taking risks.
"People make mistakes. Just promise me you won't make the same one again."

© 2012 Alyssa Carlstrom


Author's Note

Alyssa Carlstrom
Picture is not by me. Found on Google Images.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on October 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 20, 2012
Tags: love, short, story

Author

Alyssa Carlstrom
Alyssa Carlstrom

About
I live for Jesus! more..

Writing