Grandma Lamay

Grandma Lamay

A Poem by Alyssa

Family is the most powerful love there is.

It is all you have at the end of the day.

The closer you are to you loved ones makes it even harder to say goodbye.

Life is extraordinary... you experience love and loss. Happiness and grief, Passion.

It is hard to witness a life lost, but worse to see the people you love's hearts shatterd into pieces.

You can't do anything, but hug them.. tell them your sorry, that you love them.

It is torture to see a grown man cry, from seeing his mother on her death bed, after never visiting her.

It hits him like a brick wall.

Or to see the usual family clown start to sob, one you cant imagine to see crying.

Its hard to see your grandpa, who always is innocent, sweet.. and kind comfort his wife who has lost her mother, have tears leak form his eyes from her pain.

There was love in the atmosphere, a bond. A new bond that we havent shared.

This brought us closer together.

Her family feud at an end, her 11 brothers and sisters were at peace.

As they all watched their mother use her last breath.

They hugged and weeped, held on to eachother like they would float away too.

Love is strong, which can bring the closest family you may ever lay your eyes on.

And love is what makes you live, what makes you die,

what makes you cry.. what makes you laugh,

what makes you strong, what makes you share hugs and kisses...

what makes you there, in that cramped little hospital room full of 20 people, who love and care for eachother with enough passion to make anything in this whole world possible.

 

R.I.P Great-Grandma Lamay.

The suffering is gone, all is well.

 

We'll be okay :)<3

© 2009 Alyssa


Author's Note

Alyssa
This is mostly venting, letting out emotions.. I do not intend on editing it or anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're one strong girl...
If you ask me...
I wouldn't have the courage to write something like this..
Because I'm weaker and will cry if I try to pull this kind of poetry...

Great readings...I feel for it...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well this is so personal, it pulls at your heart whilst reading it. We can all relate to these deep emotional feelings at such an awful time....but not everyone can put pen to paper to express it. Your great grandma would be very proud to read this wonderful piece. God Bless you and your family.
BBXX

Posted 15 Years Ago


The closer you are to you loved ones makes it even harder to say goodby
It is torture to see a grown man cry, from seeing his mother on her death bed, after never visiting her.
It hits him like a brick wall.
Or to see the usual family clown start to sob, one you cant imagine to see crying
And love is what makes you live, what makes you die,
what makes you cry.. what makes you laugh,
what makes you strong, what makes you share hugs and kisses..
this is so very nice,so loving ,so wise
that is life ,thats love..we just cant see
lovely write..

Posted 15 Years Ago


its perfect the way it is, the emotion was vivid.. it took me back to that room where my granma was, and those words made me cry, the things she said, and shared. a big family too we have, and this was absubelutly touching... great work..

Posted 15 Years Ago


A Great Piece Indeed !!!
Well Written !!!
Well Said !!!
Perfect !!!

"Love is strong, which can bring the closest family you may ever lay your eyes on.
And love is what makes you live, what makes you die,
what makes you cry.. what makes you laugh,
what makes you strong, what makes you share hugs and kisses...
what makes you there, in that cramped little hospital room full of 20 people, who love and care
for eachother with enough passion to make anything in this whole world possible."

Posted 15 Years Ago


I suggest..........................NOTHING.......its already great :D.... Your first review on your new profile

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 31, 2009
Last Updated on June 9, 2009

Author

Alyssa
Alyssa

Rochester, NY



About
more..

Writing
The Guard The Guard

A Poem by Alyssa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Life Dear Life

A Poem by Alyssa


Roomate Roomate

A Story by Alyssa