Why me?

Why me?

A Chapter by Alyssa Boyd
"

Aly starts getting used to the suspicious shadow that lurks in her path.

"

    It finally happened. My fear had taken over me. There it was the strange shadow that had been following me for days. I tried asking it what it wanted but all it did was stand there still. If I would've gone to school today it would've been there watching me like a hawk.

 

I didn't understand why it wanted to watch me. I'm just a 15 year old girl who lives in the middle of nowhere.

Why me?

 

I had a strange vibe that the shadow was a girl who was heart broken. The shadow was everywhere with me, in my dreams, at school, and at my boyfriends house. I secretly thought it was my mother but I couldn't make myself believe it.

 

My mother had died exactly a year ago,my whole family still believes it was my father who had murdered her. That is why they never call anymore. For some reason I haven't had contact with my family since my mother had died. I don't blame them for not speaking to him. I believe he did it too. But the investigators had no proof and are still trying to find evidence.

 

My father had been acting strange a week before my mom's death. It was like he knew it was going to happen.

He has changed so much ever since. We used to be close and now the only people I'm close to are my friends and boyfriend. 

 

When I stopped having flashbacks I looked across the room and stared at the shadow. "What do you want from me?" I cried. Teardrops started slowly falling from my hazel eyes.

 

The shadow of a person cocked it's head, like it was confused. Then disappeared. I blinked my eyes a few times and grabbed my cellphone. I quickly called my boyfriend,Eric. He answered "Hey baby" with a calm voice. "Eric can you come to my house the shadow was here again." Eric was the only one who believed that the shadow existed.

 

"Are you okay? I will be there in five minutes." He replied.

"Thanks so much, I love you." I said softly while crying.

"Babe don't worry you will be alright I will make sure of it." He said trying to sound hopeful. I realized that he must have heard me crying so I tried to stop.

 

Not long after that Eric arrived to my house. I hugged him tight and thanked him. I was grateful that he was such a great boyfriend and that he lived by me. I walked him inside and told him everything. He kissed my forehead and comforted me. I couldn't believe that he would stay with me after everyone thinking i was physco.

 

After talking for hours he crashed at my place. When I woke up in the morning I glanced to my side and it was 7 in the morning. That's when I remembered that we had to go to school. I turned to my side to find him sleeping and looking adorable. "Eric, it's time for school, get up" I laughed. His eyes slowly opened and whispered "You sound like my mom." I smiled and kissed him.

 

He dashed down out of my room to get to his house for some clothes. I hurried and took a quick shower and did the rest of the morning routine. Then I walked outside to wait for Eric to pick me up and drive me to school.

 

 

 



© 2011 Alyssa Boyd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this is a sweet and mysterious story. You have wrote this in present tense so I wonder is this a true story like a autobiography. If not then it has a creepy beginning as the reader meets the shadow shows you have a interest in horrors and mysteries. I like mysteries and finding clues they are my favourite to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think this is a sweet and mysterious story. You have wrote this in present tense so I wonder is this a true story like a autobiography. If not then it has a creepy beginning as the reader meets the shadow shows you have a interest in horrors and mysteries. I like mysteries and finding clues they are my favourite to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
1 Review
Added on June 5, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2011
Tags: why, me, horror, the, shadow


Author

Alyssa Boyd
Alyssa Boyd

Burtchville, MI



About
Well I'm far from normal. I like to be unique. I am in love with House of night novels, they are very addicting. My passions are poetry, photography, animals, and writing stories. Well when I'm older.. more..

Writing
Vampire? Vampire?

A Poem by Alyssa Boyd


My mother? My mother?

A Chapter by Alyssa Boyd